White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a good feeling about Peavy inthis game. I think he gets back on track. Just need the offense to show up.

For the love of g*d, please either give Pierre the day off, or drop him to the 9 slot, at least until he can get it going. Its killing the offense having two slumping hitters at the top of the order.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
So many details left out of this gamethread but because its heads I will be alright and not make a fuss about this horrible thread.

Just make a fuss already and be done with it

So many details left out of this gamethread but because its heads I will be alright and not make a fuss about this horrible thread.

If Peavy pitches well and the Sox win tonight, maybe all game threads will have to be of minimalist character.

Dear Ozzie,

Please bat A.J. lower than 5th.. even lower than 7th.

Thanks, Ace.

Haha, if we lose again, I'll step up and create one. Peavy cost me a loss, so if he wins today.. Heads who made this horrid, uncreative thread, gets more props in my eyes.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
I have a good feeling about Peavy inthis game. I think he gets back on track. Just need the offense to show up.

Imma have to agree with this. JFP is going to be on tonight. I'm sensing 8 innings / 3 hit shutout or something of that order.

Yeesh, career vs Harden

Konerko:    1-15 w/ 4K, 2BB

Pierzynski: 0-11 w/ 4K

Rios: 2-11

Vizquel: 2-9 w/ 3K, BB

Kotsay: 1-3

Quentin: 1-3 w/ K

Peavy: 0-2

Ramirez: 1-2

Combined: .143/.186/.143/.329 w/ 12K, 3BB, 0 XBH in 59 PA

So Konerko and Pierzynski are a combined 1 for 26 w/ 8 K against Harden. Perhaps AJ could use another night off.

After what he's shown so far this year, JFP in Arlington doesn't make me confident, but now's a good time to turn it around.

Hitters just need to remember, that Harden doesn't throw strikes. Just be patient, he loves to nibble and make batters swing at his horrible pitches. He is averaging under 5 innings per start this year.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
Yeesh, career vs Harden

Konerko:    1-15 w/ 4K, 2BB

Pierzynski: 0-11 w/ 4K

Rios: 2-11

Vizquel: 2-9 w/ 3K, BB

Kotsay: 1-3

Quentin: 1-3 w/ K

Peavy: 0-2

Ramirez: 1-2

Combined: .143/.186/.143/.329 w/ 12K, 3BB, 0 XBH in 59 PA

So Konerko and Pierzynski are a combined 1 for 26 w/ 8 K against Harden. Perhaps AJ could use another night off.

Oh come on now, you are including Peavy in there. Still, even without him, that's a .170 average. The only guys in there who look truly bad are AJ, Rios and Vizquel (and I'd bet Vizquel doesn't play). Kotsay, Quentin and Ramirez are hitting .375 against him, in very small sample sizes.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
can gartrell lead off?

Gartrell is a borderline prospect at best, and there is zero chance they bring him up to sit Pierre (though Gartrell is hitting well so far this year).

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
de aza looked pretty good in spring, didn't he?

Yeah, and now he's hitting .200-ish in AAA.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Oh come on now, you are including Peavy in there. Still, even without him, that's a .170 average. The only guys in there who look truly bad are AJ, Rios and Vizquel (and I'd bet Vizquel doesn't play). Kotsay, Quentin and Ramirez are hitting .375 against him, in very small sample sizes.

Hey, I just used what was on his BR page, I wasn't about to do the math to subtract Peavy's 2 PA you're welcome to do so, however. I was just posting the numbers as I like to do most days, not making any kind of statement (aside from Konerko and Pierzysnki's struggles that is).