White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's watching the game on TV? I'm on espn GAMECAST and it showed 3 balls for Teahan and 2 for Quentin just now that were right down the pipe. Like nowhere close to the outside of the zone. Did the ump give us those calls? Or is gamecast screwy?

Also....I'm so bummed that Peavy sucks.

Edited by typewritermender

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 12:39 AM)
That Maggs guy is pretty awesome. Detroit ain't beatin Minny this year, but at least they'll be fun to watch for Tigers fans.

They'll get someone decent from the Yankees when they trade Damon to them.

You guys think that Peavy hurt himself right after his first ST game against the Dodgers? Because after that, he threw nothing but fastballs and gave up 7 runs. Then he sucked for a couple of more starts in ST.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
I feel like we're watching the battle of Sammy Sosa against Mark McGwire on the mound. Where did both of these guys fastball go?

Try to look at Harden's release when he throws a fastball. It's goofy, like he's tilting his hand a little. Doesn't look natural.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
So would you trade Peavy for Zambrano now?

I'd trade him for nothing, literally nothing if it meant getting out from under that Salary. Nobody would be dumb enough to take him though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
I'd consider it.

I absolutely would do it, as Zambrano at least throws a sinker and doesn't have huge health concerns like Peavy. I also think the whole switch to the AL has destroyed Peavy's confidence.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
You guys think that Peavy hurt himself right after his first ST game against the Dodgers? Because after that, he threw nothing but fastballs and gave up 7 runs. Then he sucked for a couple of more starts in ST.

I don't know when, but he was healthy last year in his several starts for the Sox. I don't think he has aged that quickly over seven months.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)
I don't know when, but he was healthy last year in his several starts for the Sox. I don't think he has aged that quickly over seven months.

I still didn't think he looked overly impressive last season with the Sox. His fastball wasn't overly crisp, but we excused it cause of the lay off.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
This team is making the 2007 team seem exciting.

At least that team was still around on June 1. This team was done at the beginning of April. It's going to be a long summer until football.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:47 AM)
So, I was thinking, which is dangerous, does anyone think the "Peavy is injured," rumor is a way call his time off (DL) and visit to Charlotte (Birmingham?) "rehab."

No, I think he's truly injured. The first red flag was Ozzie having to defend him during ST with the media.