White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Has someone hitting under .200 ever hit 30+ homers in a major league season?

Rob Deer? Dave Kingman?

The funny thing is that if you look at Quentin's minor league stats and 2008, you would think he would be a consistent .270-.310 hitter for 15 years.

Deer hit...I believe (recalling from memory)... .191 one year with 30+ homers.

I stand corrected, 210s and 220s when he was in the 25-30 HR area.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
So you're willing to erase a career of mediocrity from Mr. Scotty, all in favor of what he has accomplished in 3 weeks, playing for a bad Kansas City team?

Cool, sounds like a plan.

If it meant I would have never gotten to watch Pierre in a White Sox uniform then hell yes. Its not so much that I like Pods, its that I hate Pierre. Scotty is overachieving like hell to start this season. I fully expect him to bat around .280 with a good amount of stolen bases and maybe even a few home runs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Yes. We obviously don't have a Felix Hernandez. Besides that, I'd take our talent over theirs. Certainly doesn't mean we have a better team.

We also don't have Cliff Lee, Ichiro, a defensive/offensive threat that is equal to Franklin Gutierrez (Rios has been close, but look at Gutierrez's numbers AND his salary), Chone Figgins (sucky so far) or a defender that's close to as talented as Kotchmann (Kotsay is good, but not that good and not capable of regular play).

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
Deer hit...I believe (recalling from memory)... .191 one year with 30+ homers.

I stand corrected, 210s and 220s when he was in the 25-30 HR area.

Dan Pasqua might have come close too, if memory serves me correctly. That guy could hit some absolute bombs.

BTW, Milton Bradley and Javier Lopez can be solid offensive forces as well...when they're on and hitterish.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
Dan Pasqua might have come close too, if memory serves me correctly. That guy could hit some absolute bombs.

Ah Danny Pasqua...what memories. I remember driving 4+ hours and back to see a Birmingham game, just because Pasqua was there on a rehab assignment!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:42 AM)
We also don't have Cliff Lee, Ichiro, a defensive/offensive threat that is equal to Franklin Gutierrez (Rios has been close, but look at Gutierrez's numbers AND his salary), Chone Figgins (sucky so far) or a defender that's close to as talented as Kotchmann (Kotsay is good, but not that good and not capable of regular play).

Hell, Jose Lopez might be better than Beckham this season, and Jack Wilson is a solid player. Their issue is Griffey Jr/Sweeney need to go.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)

GMAB, caulfield. Our rotation 2-5 destroys their 2-5 on paper. We have the better bullpen by a pretty good margin as well. Franklin is hitting a little over his head. I think what you saw from him last year is probably his max. No, we don't have an Ichiro. And there's no contest between the two teams defensively. But player for player, the Sox have more talent.