White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
Its time to get him out of that spot. If he starts hitting, then move him back perhaps, but he's killing the team. The Sox worst pitcher leads in appearances and their most unproductive regular leads in ABs. Its early still, but time for that to change.

BUT HE HAS 9 STEALS!!!!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:00 AM)
People who think we're going to have a firesale this year are fooling themselves. We took on way too much salary last year for KW to give up on this team so suddenly. MAYBE next year mid-season if we're still a bottom feeder, but something tells me we're still the second best team in the division, possibly the best team once this team starts playing up to their career numbers (when that happens, will determine how this team will finish the year. let's hope it happens before June, I think it can)

Better than the Twins? This is the best Twins team of the 21st century.

Edited by fathom

DID we really start a line-up with lowest cumulative OPS after APRIL 28th in the history of MLB?

I just heard that from the Rangers' announcers, they were belittling N. Perez for giving up hits to AJ, Ramirez and ALMOST Kotsay, who actually blistered a ball at SMOAK.

You can run a computer simulation with our line-up, we would win that game one time out of ten with our line-up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
DID we really start a line-up with lowest cumulative OPS after APRIL 28th in the history of MLB?

I just heard that from the Rangers' announcers, they were belittling N. Perez for giving up hits to AJ, Ramirez and ALMOST Kotsay, who actually blistered a ball at SMOAK.

You can run a computer simulation with our line-up, we would win that game one time out of ten with our line-up.

That is HILARIOUS.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)

A record's a record..

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)

Close.

I would go with the 2006 team, the way they played the final 4 months was incredible.

2002-2004 with honorable mentions, those bullpens were simply untouchable against us with Hawkins, Romero, Rincon and Eddie Guardado.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
I heard that also. Kotsay and Vizquel aren't even hitting .200 combined.

HAHAHA. Now that's funny.

Seriously though, when was the last time we had a good bench? I literally can't think of a single time where I said, "damn, we have a competent bench." Maybe back in the early days of my fandom, like '03.. but I can't remember.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)

Seriously though, when was the last time we had a good bench? I literally can't think of a single time where I said, "damn, we have a competent bench." Maybe back in the early days of my fandom, like '03.. but I can't remember.

I remember thinking that our bench seemed pretty deep before the start of the 2006 season. It didn't really turn out that way.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
I know Ozzie's not really a stats guy, but KW should really kick him in the penis for putting a lineup like that out there.

Kenny's not one either.

Rick Hahn is though.

The White Sox lead the league in GIDP BTW.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)

Seriously, so many knee-jerkers on this site. Patience is a virtue. The team sucks now, it's hard to watch as a fan. But can we seriously end the "FIRE OZZIE" among other ridiculous comments until the team is 10+ games out in June/July?

Almost half the roster are guys who were either acquired mid-season last year, have never played for the Sox prior to this year, or were acquired at the beginning of 2009. This is, for the most part, a team of guys who haven't really clicked 'as a team' yet. I think it'll happen sooner rather than later. And no, I don't think Kenny will blow this up, or fire anybody prior to the Sox going above .500 in 2010.

It's hard for people like me who still largely believes in this team, to read some of the s*** on this site. I don't believe in putting people on ignore unless they are truly annoying, but sometimes I just shake my head in doubt

I'm not saying we'll win the division, but I'm not making my prediction based on what I'm seeing in the month of April.

Is there anyone else on this site that agrees with me? Sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by a pack of rabid monkeys

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:06 AM)
Kenny's not one either.

Rick Hahn is though.

The White Sox lead the league in GIDP BTW.

Not surprised, we didn't really increase our team speed, especially when you consider Getz is way faster than Teahen.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:07 AM)
Seriously, so many knee-jerkers on this site. Patience is a virtue. The team sucks now, it's hard to watch as a fan. But can we seriously end the "FIRE OZZIE" among other ridiculous comments until the team is 10+ games out in June/July?

Almost half the roster are guys who were either acquired mid-season last year, have never played for the Sox prior to this year, or were acquired at the beginning of 2009. This is, for the most part, a team of guys who haven't really clicked 'as a team' yet. I think it'll happen sooner rather than later. And no, I don't think Kenny will blow this up, or fire anybody prior to the Sox going above .500 in 2010.

It's hard for people like me who still largely believes in this team, to read some of the s*** on this site. I don't believe in putting people on ignore unless they are truly annoying, but sometimes I just shake my head in doubt

I'm not saying we'll win the division, but I'm not making my prediction based on what I'm seeing in the month of April.

Is there anyone else on this site that agrees with me? Sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by a pack of rabid monkeys

I appreciate the rant, even if I disagree.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
Not surprised, we didn't really increase our team speed, especially when you consider Getz is way faster than Teahen.

But Teahen is crafty (like Jose Valentin) and the best baserunner on the team, haha.

Well, if you count Rios as a "new addition" in the offseason, as JR said (about Peavy and Rios), then we're faster.

But Pierre is definitely slower than Getz and Pods now. Both of those guys beat out that last play IMO.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)

That's the problem with the people who want to hold out a little longer for Ozzie. When June/July comes, it'll be "can't we wait until the team is technically out of it." Then it's "wait til the season's over" and eventually "one more year" before we can consider ditching him.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)

We had a pretty good one in 2006.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
That's the problem with the people who want to hold out a little longer for Ozzie. When June/July comes, it'll be "can't we wait until the team is technically out of it." Then it's "wait til the season's over" and eventually "one more year" before we can consider ditching him.

If we're bottom feeding, and looking as lifeless as we have in April, in mid June/early July, I'll be convinced that Ozzie is most likely going to be gone. He'll have gotten himself fired by that point, IMO

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
Key of this game: Ozzie f***ing around with Peavy in the 7th and making Williams lose the game again.

Do you really think that was bigger than the 5 run first inning when you declared the game over?

Good post, but it's becoming pretty obvious The Cell will be lifeless this summer.

Whether the team can be rebuilt in short order is anybody's guess.

Even though Peavy has been horses***, I still think we have a B-plus rotation and two good relievers.

We have an above average hitting first baseman and good prospects at second and short and still a good prospect in right field and an average but aging catcher.

Aside from that, what do we have except s***?

Team needs to be rebuilt. If you want to do it with a manager other than Oz, fine, go for it. I still think KW is just as responsible as Oz.

Edited by greg775

I remember the battle at WSI as the 2006 second half and then mid season 2007 turned against the Sox and we fell back to mediocrity.

There were so many posters labelling everyone as "DARK CLOUDS" when really, we were just being pragmatic and realistic, accepting the fact that the dreams of a "dynasty" on the SouthSide and surpassing the Cubs in some intangible way in terms of clout were evaporating.

We've returned back to mean...it's just that our payroll indicates we should be in 1st or 2nd every year. It's (payroll dollars) simply not being allocated as wisely as possible...and when the margin of error is so razor thin (see Game 163 in 08 and 09) between the Sox, Twins and Tigers, every roster mistake (Kotsay over Thome, who has a 1.1+ OPS, bringing in Pierre over other options like Pods) is completely magnified.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:13 AM)
Team needs to be rebuilt. If you want to do it with a manager other than Oz, fine, go for it. I still think KW is just as responsible as Oz.

KW acquired players to play OZZIE BALL! During ST, Ozzie kept saying how much he loved this roster cause of versatility and speed. Almost everyone knew this approach wouldn't work, and it's quite obvious that the current roster can't compete. Thus, that's why the manager should be on the hot seat. If it was a bunch of power hitters that KW acquired, even though Ozzie said he wanted speedy guys, then KW would be more on the hot seat.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)

Good post. I agree with you about the negativity. I think people are going a little overboard with the "season is over" predictions. A lot of our guys are going to bounce back and there's still time to make up for this terrible start.

However, I think the "fire Ozzie" claims are legitimate. He's simply making a lot of bad decisions. I won't go into the specifics here, but IMO, he is a detriment to the team. We need radical changes in terms of game-day decision making and I'm not sure Ozzie is willing to make those changes.

KW acquired players to play OZZIE BALL! During ST, Ozzie kept saying how much he loved this roster cause of versatility and speed. Almost everyone knew this approach wouldn't work, and it's quite obvious that the current roster can't compete. Thus, that's why the manager should be on the hot seat. If it was a bunch of power hitters that KW acquired, even though Ozzie said he wanted speedy guys, then KW would be more on the hot seat.

If almost everyone knew, then why didn't Kenny say anything? Does Ozzie have mystic power over all human beings?

A lot of people, including many on this site, picked the Sox as a team to win the division just a month ago. Look at that thread again.

No, not everybody thought it was obvious this roster couldn't compete, mostly because of the starting pitching to go with Thornton and Jenks.

The team sucks balls. If people want to get rid of Ozzie, by all means do so.

It's pretty silly to think he's any different a manager than he was in 05.

Oh I forgot. That team didn't need a manager. That team could have won with anybody, including Bevington.

And don't say I'm living back in 05. Like I said, Ozzie is a wealthy man and I don't care if they fire him. He'll do just fine the rest of his life counting his money.

But I truly believe he's as good as anybody else the Sox or any team could get.

Edited by greg775