White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
On the bright side, Alexei coaxed his first walk tonight. What is the over/under date for Pierre's first extra base hit in White Sox doubleknits?

oh my f***ing god. He doesn't have a single XBH? Worst pickup ever.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:31 AM)
oh my f***ing god. He doesn't have a single XBH? Worst pickup ever.

The only time he's going to hit the wall this season is when he literally runs into it. He won't have a hit that reaches the fence.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
I think Threets has been injured. Just let Santos pitch when Williams has been pitching. No one is touching him. Who cares about R/L

you're right he's on the 7 day DL. Call up Whisler. BAA is .196

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:36 AM)
What's so bad about it?

Just talking about how as long as he's there, no one will be the man, etc. He keeps making this season and organization about him, and he's going to get fired.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
I still think the most depressing thing about this season has been how awful Beckham has been.. I really hope he turns it around, because I don't want to be a fan of the franchise that ruined Bacon..

He'll be fine. He struggled last season too. Many wanted him sent back to the minors. He's learning a new position, that can't help him and he probably is pressing like a bunch of other guys on the roster. There's no more sure thing on the White Sox roster than Gordon Beckham being the best player on the team for years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Just talking about how as long as he's there, no one will be the man, etc. He keeps making this season and organization about him, and he's going to get fired.

I think he was just saying that it's a team effort, between all of the players and coaches.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:40 AM)
He'll be fine. He struggled last season too. Many wanted him sent back to the minors. He's learning a new position, that can't help him and he probably is pressing like a bunch of other guys on the roster. There's no more sure thing on the White Sox roster than Gordon Beckham being the best player on the team for years.

I'll take Matt Thornton being an above average reliever as being more of a sure thing.

Who cares? Oz is going to get fired like all managers and coaches do. Earl Weaver, Whitey Herzog, Joe Torre, Bobby Cox couldn't do anything with this horses*** roster.

Edited by greg775

Personally I think it would help Beckham if he wasn't constantly more/less leading off, he doesn't need that pressure right now at this stage of his career. If Pierre was getting on base more, I think Beckham would be more productive, but with Pierre being an automatic out, Beckham is more/less taking on the load of a leadoff hitter in almost every AB he gets

I could be wrong, but that's my theory, move him down in a lineup a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing Rios leadoff, I think he's shown he can be decent at it, put Pierre at 9 or on the bench where he belongs

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)

I've heard that so much.. but he REALLY looks bad right now. I know, its his second season, 20 games in.. I'll give him time. I have refrained from ragging on him a lot so far this year just because I saw his potential last year, and I know he's got a really pretty swing. Man, those months last year where he was hitting .300+ and just smacking doubles left and right, I was ecstatic. I made sure I saw every at bat of his that I could, because he fascinated me so much. It was almost like watching Griffey Jr. or Frank as a kid. Mesmerizing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:41 AM)
Who cares? Oz is going to get fired like all managers and coaches do. Earl Weaver, Whitey Herzog, Joe Torre, Bobby Cox couldn't do anything with this horses*** roster.

At least those managers had the balls to hold players accountable, such as Cox pulling Andruw Jones for not hustling.