White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
What do SABRmetrics say about the number of games a manager costs a team? Anything? Is there any kind of stat for it?

He looked safe to me.

Nothing and he did look semi-safe.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
That's a game that should get a manager fired. Literally made every wrong move he could tonight. f*** YOU OZZIE!

I just don't know how this clown keeps his job. This team doesn't have enough nearly enough talent to overcome a s***ty manager.

A change will happen with the leadoff spot probably in a couple weeks. Ozzie isn't the best manager but he obviously knows what is and isn't working, he's just waiting a bit longer to see if he breaks out of his slump than us fans would like. Managers always give their players the benefit of the doubt when it comes to slumps. They aren't nearly as knee-jerk as we are. If Pierre continues to suck into May, the way he is now, he won't be our leadoff hitter anymore. You can put that on the board

Oh, and a 6-5 loss. Might as well have been a 5-0 loss, it wasn't nearly that close.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
That's a game that should get a manager fired. Literally made every wrong move he could tonight. f*** YOU OZZIE!

Yup. Any manager but Ozzie would be held accountable. Has Kenny ever called out Ozzie for his stupid s***? We should just do something radical. Let the fans run the team. Set up some kind of computerized system to let people cast their lineups and just go with what the people want. I'm sure we'd be doing better than Oz at this point.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:57 AM)
I just don't know how this clown keeps his job. This team doesn't have enough nearly enough talent to overcome a s***ty manager.

You and I are on the same page. Can't we claim he stuck Nix in an electrical closet?

Why wouldn't Beckham or Jones be hitting for Pierre?

C'mon Ozzie, wake up...

You could stick Nix in the OF the next inning, who cares...but you have to let Beckham or Jones get a shot to tie it up!!!!!

Our manager is once again proven fully incompetent. And good luck with Peavy contract, KW.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
And of course our slap and tickle leadoff guy makes the last out.

Its time to get him out of that spot. If he starts hitting, then move him back perhaps, but he's killing the team. The Sox worst pitcher leads in appearances and their most unproductive regular leads in ABs. Its early still, but time for that to change.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
And of course our slap and tickle leadoff guy makes the last out.

This game actually made Pierre look alright. He got on base twice, when in fact, he was absolutely atrocious.

And as I type this, a commercial about Pierre is airing. Stupid.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
Randy Williams gives up the GW run (as it turns out) and Pierre grounds out weakly to the SS with Jones on deck..

Ozzie takes the bump for this one. How many is that this season now?

Is he hanging out with Ron Washington after the game or something?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:58 AM)
Its time to get him out of that spot. If he starts hitting, then move him back perhaps, but he's killing the team. The Sox worst pitcher leads in appearances and their most unproductive regular leads in ABs. Its early still, but time for that to change.

This team couldn't have been more poorly constructed, execute worse, and managed more terribly than if Hawk Harrelson was the GM, Bevington was the Manager, and Royce Clayton was leading off. This season is torture on us fans.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:59 AM)
This game actually made Pierre look alright. He got on base twice, when in fact, he was absolutely atrocious.

And as I type this, a commercial about Pierre is airing. Stupid.

Accounted for 6 outs tonight!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)

The problem with this Dick is that Ozzie thinks that leadoff hitter is a position that requires a fast guy who can steal bases. So without anyone else on the team that can fill that specific requirement, its his until Ozzie gets some heat.

People who think we're going to have a firesale this year are fooling themselves. We took on way too much salary last year for KW to give up on this team so suddenly. MAYBE next year mid-season if we're still a bottom feeder, but something tells me we're still the second best team in the division, possibly the best team once this team starts playing up to their career numbers (when that happens, will determine how this team will finish the year. let's hope it happens before June, I think it can)