4/28 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
Is it just me, or has it seemed like Flowers has not been playing much lately? Did not play the 18th, 20th, 22nd, 25th, or 28th.

He may be taking days off to work on specific things in pre-workout or post-game, so they may be resting him for some of those days.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
I think they're geared toward school field trips.

When the Barons play early day games (11AMCT), it's considered "kids day." There was 5,000 kids in GA last Wednesday.

Tyson Corley not responding to the promotion too well. 1 IP in 2 outings, given up 4 ER.

Tyler Kuhn keeps hitting, still over .300. I have yet to ever find any scouting info on that guy, but he seems to consistently hit for average at every level, good contact rate, and can play a number of positions. Anyone know anything about him?

Flowers is alive.

He just got an AB replacing Castro (another reason for less PT) and made an out, at .264 now.

So Donny Lucy's days are numbered in Chicago...but he actually acquitted himself quite well offensively and opened some eyes in the organization.

Only five hits for the Knights, pretty hard to get excited about Harrell, Elarton or Whisler.

Retherford taking another 0 for....down to .215, bright spot is Hudson's 2/3, unfortunately, we have the WRONG Hudson in our organization, no disrespect to Robert.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Eduardo Escobar has a higher ISO than Jon Gilmore.

Ok... but after tonight, both have 81 at-bats and...

Gilmore is batting .395 with a .427 OBP and .896 OPS.

Escobar is batting .259 with a .319 OBP and .652 OPS.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 05:07 AM)
Ok... but after tonight, both have 81 at-bats and...

Gilmore is batting .395 with a .427 OBP and .896 OPS.

Escobar is batting .259 with a .319 OBP and .652 OPS.

Escobar's superior power/patience > Gilmore's inflated average.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)

Superior power?? Please.

Escobar has 1 more extra base hit on the season in the exact same number of at-bats (81).

(Meanwhile, Gilmore has 12 more hits.)

Superior patience??

Escobar has a grand total of 2 more walks... and he's struck out 4 more times than Gilmore.

Plus Gilmore is 6'3" 195 lbs... Escobar is 5'10" and 150 pounds. Extremely doubtful that Escobar will EVER have anywhere near the power Gilmore does.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)

Ya not sure about your power argument. (Hell Gilmore has 5 XBH to Escobars 6 so it isn't night and day better here) But defensively, you would have a point.

Both Gilmore and Short though have been very good. Both guys can go 0 for their next 20, and still be hitting over .300

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 05:14 AM)
Superior power?? Please.

Escobar has 2 more doubles on the season in the exact same number of at-bats (81).

Superior patience??

Escobar has a grand total of 2 more walks... and he's struck out 4 more times than Gilmore.

Weren't we comparing their numbers for the year? 2 more walks is 25% more walks. 2 more doubles is 33.33% more doubles.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 05:29 AM)
What the hell? Did dan just reference a Saber stat? I think Ozzieball is having quite the influence on you.

Hah. Their ISO's are actually identical though, just checked. I take back my statement of Escobar showing superior power this year.