4/28 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Who dropped off the W-S roster? Also, I thought Cheatham wasn't really a starter anyway.

Corley and Burdie promoted to B'ham, Leroy Hunt activated from the DL. They had one extra spot open. Less at bats for KW Jr.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
Superior power?? Please.

Escobar has 1 more extra base hit on the season in the exact same number of at-bats (81).

(Meanwhile, Gilmore has 12 more hits.)

Superior patience??

Escobar has a grand total of 2 more walks... and he's struck out 4 more times than Gilmore.

Plus Gilmore is 6'3" 195 lbs... Escobar is 5'10" and 150 pounds. Extremely doubtful that Escobar will EVER have anywhere near the power Gilmore does.

I just mentioned it because Gilmore is on fire, but he's hitting for almost no power. Escobar isn't supposed to hit for power, but is matching Gilmore's. Considering Escobar plays plus defense at SS while Gilmore plays poor to mediocre defense at 3B I'd rather have Escobar as a prospect (still).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
What the hell? Did dan just reference a Saber stat? I think Ozzieball is having quite the influence on you.

Ha and I screwed it up. ISO is just SLG-AVG. Not too advanced. In reality ISO is just the faster way to say 'hitting for more power.'

Gilmore is obviously making lots of contact, i wonder if he just has a swing that isn't conducive letting him use his raw power or if he's just getting unlucky. My money says that he has a swing that is geared for contact rather than power as he's never really hit for much pop at any level so far.

Holy Winston-Salem offense! 13 runs on 14 hits to win 13-3. Garcia and Greene went deep (Greene's line now .328/.438/.607/1.045, and 9 of his 20 hits are XBH), Short, Escobar Greene, Garica and Loman all with multi-hit games. Griffith finally looked human, but managed to escape giving up just 3 runs.

Kanny pitching looked good (Hopps, Buch, O'Neill), but the lost 4-3 in 10 innings. Thompson starting to look human.