If you're KW, who's on your BIG BOARD to replace Ozzie?

caulfield12

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
Interesting, because the only player that Bell should know really well (and have approved acquiring) would be Teahen, and he's been pretty decent.

Bell is adamant that he can play third base. My source said paraphrasing, how can anyone look at Teahen and be so stubborn in that opinion. My source went on to say it's an example of the kind of talent evaluation that Bell provides that has our minor leagues all screwed up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 06:25 AM)
Without knowing Gordon personally...my guess is that's exactly the kind of stuff he needs.

They've moved him around too much over the past year, but I basically agree. Learning how to deal with adversity is part of becoming a professional in any line of work.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
1-798930.jpg

"You may run like Hayes, but you hit like s***." :lolhitting

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
Nope.

Yes

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/blo...agobusiness.com

You have harbored some aspirations to work as a general manager and you even sought to have a role in the ownership group of one of the prospective buyers of the Cubs. Does this long-term contract with the Sox mean that you've put aside those aspirations?

Life takes some strange turns. I thought I would broadcast the Cubs my entire career. As we know, it didn't work out that way. I thought I would be with ESPN for a number of years. The number was two. I do know. I've signed a long-term deal and if it works out that I'm here the rest of my career — hope it's another 20 years — I'd be happy with that. These people here are terrific.

On the other side of the coin, it's not a question of looking around the next corner, but sometimes you have to adapt. Knowing the vagaries of life, you never know what life will present. Just when you think you have it all planned out, life has a tendency to throw you a curve. You have to be open to it.

I always wanted Carlton Fisk to manage this team some day...but that was quite a while back. I know he doesn't have any experience...but I can't think of a more commanding presence in the dugout. It was a pipe dream like 10 years ago...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
I always wanted Carlton Fisk to manage this team some day...but that was quite a while back. I know he doesn't have any experience...but I can't think of a more commanding presence in the dugout. It was a pipe dream like 10 years ago...

Dear God no...

I would stop watching baseball.

My man love for Davey Johnson is unabated. He's hasn't coached in the majors in 10 years but he's been managing internationally and now works in the Nat's front office. He's a man made of fire and passion with a heart insulated in steel that was forged in the bowels of hell. He also studies the game, is willing to take risks in the Weaver-Ball mold, knows how to run an offense, and has as many rings on his fingers as Ozzie does.

Edited by Thunderbolt