4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN

knightni

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, there are some people who need to grow up around here.

I can't question Ozzie for NOT telling Gavin to be careful when Guerrero's 4/18 against him career-wise and Hamilton is now 3/4 with 2 doubles?

I guess we really don't need a manager, hitting coach or a message board.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
Pauly with a nice swing to stay behind it. Even if it was on the ground, the run would have scored.

I'll never forget going to a game in the old ballpark when Washington returned to Chicago as a vistitor, and someone brought a homemade sign that said "Claudell slept here".

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
Seriously, there are some people who need to grow up around here.

I can't question Ozzie for NOT telling Gavin to be careful when Guerrero's 4/18 against him career-wise and Hamilton is now 3/4 with 2 doubles?

I guess we really don't need a manager, hitting coach or a message board.

Sure you can question it, but you probably should develop some skin when you get questioned. Man up buddy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
So it took less than a month for Quentin to get hurt this season? I wonder how long this injury will linger?

That's one area I think Kalapse is completely wrong on...downplaying the fragility of Carlos.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=5922

Vladdy 4 for 18 career versus GAVIN, .222

Hamilton 1 for 2 with a double, now 3/4 with two doubles against FLOYD.

You think someone MIGHT actually notice that in the dugout. I forgot, Ozzie doesn't use computers, only TWITTER.

So you would pitch around someone over a 1-2? Wow.

It wasn't even 1 for 2, it was at that point 2/3.

Guerrero, last time I checked, is right-handed. Gavin Floyd, last time I checked, is a RHP.

But what do I know, obviously that strategy worked well to go after Hamilton.

After all, KW considered Guerrero too washed up to think about signing for DH, his knees too balky....now he's superhuman?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
It wasn't even 1 for 2, it was at that point 2/3.

Guerrero, last time I checked, is right-handed. Gavin Floyd, last time I checked, is a RHP.

But what do I know, obviously that strategy worked well to go after Hamilton.

After all, KW considered Guerrero too washed up to think about signing for DH, his knees too balky....now he's superhuman?

You just said the same things in opposite order. You wanted to pitch to him because he wasn't doing well, but then you wanted to sign him because he was.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Sure you can question it, but you probably should develop some skin when you get questioned. Man up buddy.

It just gets old when the same 4-5 people seem to enjoy making little "insider-ish" jokes...like they would rather try to poke fun at me than to actually talk about the White Sox.

Seriously.

I have a post and couldn't get the "underline" feature to "undo" and it deserves to be criticized. That's just a BIT ridiculous.

I don't think anyone around here has ever been questioned about using underline, italics, bold...sometimes I just wonder if it really makes those posters feel better about themselves, maybe it does...well, whatever works.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
I don't think anyone around here has ever been questioned about using underline, italics, bold...sometimes I just wonder if it really makes those posters feel better about themselves, maybe it does...well, whatever works.

Dude, it's a message board mostly filled with males. Everyone gets ripped on for stupid stuff. Grammar, typos, random coding issues, everything.

It's baseball, the best sport on earth. We have a mediocre team at best. We're already six or seven games out.

Why not enjoy the games at least? The alternative is to b**** every single day pretty much.