4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN

knightni

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
That's awesome!

Earlier in the broadcast, the Rangers guy said no one will have 10 HRs at the end of April.

Ha! Nice. Kelly Johnson still has a shot too. He gets to face Cubs pitching again tomorrow.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
Would have been 3 homers in a game if not for the wind turning against his ball and holding it up.

Now we really need to use Santos in the 9th.

Paul Konerko, 25th multi-homer game for Paulie in his career.

i bet it was his first with both homers coming after the 8th

I can't believe that Pk is leading the league in HR. 10 homers in a month is crazy! In response to the traded to a contender, if he keeps this up, I'm all for it! We could net a lot of prospects.

It might be his contract year, but he's been pretty darn consistent in his Sox career.

That one bad stretch where a lot of people on here wanted him out of town two seasons ago.

Paulie has been great for a long time.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Is Kelly Johnson legit? He didn't show that much power in the minors.

He had decent power in Atlanta. Thin air in AZ helps although i don't know his splits.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
He had decent power in Atlanta. Thin air in AZ helps although i don't know his splits.

Yeah he had some decent power in ATL. He might have hit 16-18 1 year I think. I think he is more of a gap/doubles guy but like you said, in AZ a lot of those doubles could turn out to be homers.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Is Kelly Johnson legit? He didn't show that much power in the minors.

He did hit 16 HRs with an OPS of .831 in 207. But besides that, nothing has ever suggested he has this kinda power. Out of his 24 hits, 18 of them have gone for extra bases. He was slugging .743 coming into today. If you have him in your league, enjoy it while it lasts.