4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN

knightni

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
You just said the same things in opposite order. You wanted to pitch to him because he wasn't doing well, but then you wanted to sign him because he was.

WHY WOULD ANYONE BE AFRAID OF GUERRERO when our own GM didn't want to sign him, nor did most SoxTalk posters.

Everyone said he was done, washed up, injury-prone, lost bat speed....now he's the most dangerous hitter in baseball again?

Edited by caulfield12

I think everyone needs look at real picture here. We came into the season not knowing what our offense would be and our pitching was going to carry us. Well, alot of starts have not been very good and taking an offense who still cant figure who they are says it all. I feel we threw a team out there this year just for sake see what happeneds and getting rid old slow runners in thome and dye. I still wanna know why our pitchers havent learned keep runners on and making aj have no shot at any runners stealing?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
It's baseball, the best sport on earth. We have a mediocre team at best. We're already six or seven games out.

Why not enjoy the games at least? The alternative is to b**** every single day pretty much.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if this team was entertaining and/or filled with a lot of young players.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
I think everyone needs look at real picture here. We came into the season not knowing what our offense would be and our pitching was going to carry us. Well, alot of starts have not been very good and taking an offense who still cant figure who they are says it all. I feel we threw a team out there this year just for sake see what happeneds and getting rid old slow runners in thome and dye. I still wanna know why our pitchers havent learned keep runners on and making aj have no shot at any runners stealing?

Actually, a lot of the starts haven't been good. Our starting pitching has underachieved, so let's not make it look like we have a situation like with what the Cubs are facing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
It just gets old when the same 4-5 people seem to enjoy making little "insider-ish" jokes...like they would rather try to poke fun at me than to actually talk about the White Sox.

Seriously.

I have a post and couldn't get the "underline" feature to "undo" and it deserves to be criticized. That's just a BIT ridiculous.

I don't think anyone around here has ever been questioned about using underline, italics, bold...sometimes I just wonder if it really makes those posters feel better about themselves, maybe it does...well, whatever works.

Yeah, and if that's what is consisted of, that'd be great. Except I feel like I am reading Fancy Nancy to my four year old with all of the bells and whistles that have nothing to do with the point. It gets old all right. The same posts over and over and over again get old too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
WHY WOULD ANYONE BE AFRAID OF GUERRERO when our own GM didn't want to sign him, nor did most SoxTalk posters.

Everyone said he was done, washed up, injury-prone, lost bat speed....now he's the most dangerous hitter in baseball again?

You are the only one saying this. Saying repeatedly does not change that.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
Maybe a bench clearing brawl is needed to fire the team up.

Worked for the Indians in Major League II but they fought themselves.

This team needs something to light a fire.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
I still wanna know why our pitchers havent learned keep runners on and making aj have no shot at any runners stealing?

The Sox have given up 15 SB's on the season. That's right in the middle of baseball. Boston has given up 38. Sox catchers have thrown out 32% of base stealers so far this season, which is above average and is tied with Detroit for 11th in the league. I don't have stats for pickoffs, but with MB, we're going to be up there in those also.

Our new motto should be the Royals' motto the last 20 years: "We stink. So what?"

Royals fans, the 15,000 who go every night have learned to enjoy the cheap promotions and the experience cause the team sucks. It is a huge bonus if they win. That's how I see our team this year.

The team to freak out about is the Blackhawks. They have a chance. A real chance.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)

I guess Ozzie can only look at the numbers against Floyd, not the way that Vlad is hitting this season, or at home, or anything else?