And that's a White Sox winner!!!

justBLAZE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Wagner was actually showing signs of getting better, and was coming back from an injury.

I'm assuming that Jenks doesn't still have an ERA near 5 and a WHIP near 2 at the deadline, as he most likely won't. If his WHIP is around 1.4 or 1.5 then, there will likely be some interest.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
from cowley:

BREAKING NEWS: Juan Pierre benched for tomorrow and has lost his leadoff spot when he returns to the lineup Saturday. Guillen will hit him 9

Thank god. Logged right back on here at the hospital to confirm this. :)

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
I'm assuming that Jenks doesn't still have an ERA near 5 and a WHIP near 2 at the deadline, as he most likely won't. If his WHIP is around 1.4 or 1.5 then, there will likely be some interest.

Jenks will need to go a couple months with a WHIP well below 1.5 to get his season numbers down to that. Do you think that's likely? And if so, why would we move him then?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
Jenks will need to go a couple months with a WHIP well below 1.5 to get his season numbers down to that. Do you think that's likely?

We haven't even completed one full month, and you're already claiming than Jenks is untradeable. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah, he's obviously going to have to get his act together for him to convince another team to pick up the remaining 1/3 or so of his salary. But I don't think that's impossible. And a lot of things can happen to other teams over the next couple of months. What if Rivera blows out his elbow? What if Papelbon tears his rotator cuff?

If I were a gambling man, I wouldn't bet that somebody eventually trades for Bobby. But I think that it's a possibility.

And if so, why would we move him then?

If we're out of it in July (which appears likely), dealing Bobby then, when teams will over-pay for established closers, is the time to do it. Obviously, nobody will give up anything for his last year of rights, where his arb number will be $8.5M+.

I wasn't in the game thread, but I would imagine everyone thought this game would be a loss, so its nice to comeback and win and salvage a game because it isn't going to be easy in NY. Jenks has to be a concern. Considering the Cubs were willing to move the $91 million man to a set up role, I wonder if they would be interested in a guy like Jenks to set up.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)

The concerning thing with Jenks is he's been making it interesting in almost all his appearances for quite some time now. Not just this month. He's turning into Rod Beck just with a different repetoire.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
The concerning thing with Jenks is he's been making it interesting in almost all his appearances for quite some time now. Not just this month. He's turning into Rod Beck just with a different repetoire.

Aren't you the one with the stat that he converted only 50% of 1 run save ops last year?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
Aren't you the one with the stat that he converted only 50% of 1 run save ops last year?

Yeah, that's why I thought even with a decent amount of saves, last year he was horrible. He had a lot of lay up saves. Ozzie put him in with 3 run leads. He owes Ozzie some money. He lost weight in the offseason supposedly (He looks the same to me) and did OK in spring training, so I understand paying him this year, but unless he finds his form, I can't see him in a White Sox uniform beyond this year.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Yeah, that's why I thought even with a decent amount of saves, last year he was horrible. He had a lot of lay up saves. Ozzie put him in with 3 run leads. He owes Ozzie some money. He lost weight in the offseason supposedly (He looks the same to me) and did OK in spring training, so I understand paying him this year, but unless he finds his form, I can't see him in a White Sox uniform beyond this year.

I completely agree. And even if he does rebound, I'd still be looking to go with Thornton or Santos next year.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)
I completely agree. And even if he does rebound, I'd still be looking to go with Thornton or Santos next year.

If Rauch succeeds in MN, it will be a big blow to closers, especially in Chicago. First of all, I think Nathan is better than Jenks to begin with. The Sox have several more options better than Rauch to close. Copying is something every team does. They aren't going to want to pay Jenks anywhere near $10 million next year, even if he saves 40 this year IMO.

He's a fat, washed-up closer.

What am I missing here. We won the f***ing game today. And he finished the game. Who the f*** cares if he gave up a few runs or whatever.

He had 4 runs to work with and gave up what, two?

I don't understand the b****ing on here when we f***ing win the game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
What am I missing here. We won the f***ing game today. And he finished the game. Who the f*** cares if he gave up a few runs or whatever.

He had 4 runs to work with and gave up what, two?

I don't understand the b****ing on here when we f***ing win the game.

Concerns should not just be reserved for losses. In nearly every game you can point out positives and negatives, win or lose.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
That's true, but stats don't really matter in this case. He had so many runs to work with and he finished the game with us up on top.

Leave the criticism for when we lose the darn game is how I look at it.

You contradicted yourself. First you said that's true, then just two sentences you contradict yourself. I don't get it, what is it?