And that's a White Sox winner!!!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
Aren't you the one with the stat that he converted only 50% of 1 run save ops last year?

I don't think that's at all accurate. For 1.) I count 11 one run save opps and 2.) it looks like he went 7-4 with 2 of those blown saves being multi-inning save opps.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the bats wake up. And how about Konerko? Can he keep it up? Let's hope so.

As far as Jenks, I always think about what Steve Stone says every time a closer comes in with a high ERA: That number doesn't matter for closers, what matters is saves/opportunities. I suppose I agree to a point, but a high ERA is going to lead to more blown saves. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Jenks was a better pitcher when he threw 97 mph fastballs and devastating curves. He's lost velocity in favor of more pitches, and it hasn't worked well for him. I for one cringe every time he comes in for a save when the Sox are only up by 1 or 2.

Finally, thank you Ozzie for finally realizing that Juan Pierre needs to be moved from the lead-off spot.

I yelled at them with such passion yesterday to start winning in the game thread because my frustration level had peaked to where my head was going to explode....I am convinced I have changed the atmosphere around the club house...

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
Can't believe Kotsay's going to get another start tomorrow, and this time against a LHP.

Quentin is out and Pierre is being benched. That leaves who else to play? (I guess we could shift Teahen to the OF and play Nix but it's not like we have other choices right now)

edit: actually Nix and Kotsay are probably both going to play since our bench is only 4 men. Lucy won't start (unless he's catching) and I'd rtaher have Kotsay play over Vizquel

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
What if Quentin goes to the DL, which is not out of the question considering his history. Who would the Sox bring up? Danks2?

I'd bring up Gartrell, especially since he probably wouldn't be playing every day.

Let Danks continue to play, and hopefully improve, down in Charlotte some more.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)
I'd bring up Gartrell, especially since he probably wouldn't be playing every day.

Let Danks continue to play, and hopefully improve, down in Charlotte some more.

I agree. Sort of the same thinking with having Lucy replace Castro, instead of Flowers.

That said, I doubt this is a DL trip for TCQ.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 09:13 AM)
I agree. Sort of the same thinking with having Lucy replace Castro, instead of Flowers.

That said, I doubt this is a DL trip for TCQ.

"I don't expect him to play tomorrow. He just came here and said his hamstring is very sore," Guillen said after Thursday's 7-5 victory over the Rangers. "I don't blame him from all the running he was doing yesterday. I was sore, and I was on the bench. But he's taking it day-to-day, but he's not playing tomorrow. He should be fine the next day."