4/29 GAMES

caulfield12

Trayce Thompson not in the line-up for KAN tonight.

Torres pitching for CHA, up 3-2 in the early stages. Tyler Flowers 2/2 with RS and now 17 RBI's, 973 OPS. Gartrell (800 OPS) and Hudson (1.000, but that won't last and he's still behind Lillibridge in the pecking order) are the only other starters hitting decently.

At Winston-Salem, that team continues to look better and better.

Brandon Short already has a hit and is sporting an 882 OPS. Gilmore, Escobar are legit #10-15 prospects in the system, with both having the ability to move into the Top 10 with continued impressive play. Justin Greene and Garcia have good numbers, but are they too old to be considered real prospects? Time will tell, but I like me some Short, he's my favorite, as I have too many concerns about Escobar being Esteban Beltre or Mike Caruso Lite at the dish.

Viciedo just went deep for his 4th homer on the young season, .253 BA, 713 OPS. But only 6 RBI's. Last year he was a ribbie machine (especially the first half of the season) and the power didn't come until the 2nd half.

Edited by caulfield12

Josh Kroeger 2 for 4 with 3 RBI's. Charlotte now leading 7-5, Torres very shaky in this start.

Does anyone think that Kotsay could be replaced adequately by Josh? You just worry about his defense...he doesn't have any place on the diamond where he's not a liability, and he doesn't have quite enough power for DH.

Sort of reminds me a little bit of Ross G-Load.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Josh Kroeger 2 for 4 with 3 RBI's. Charlotte now leading 7-5, Torres very shaky in this start.

Does anyone think that Kotsay could be replaced adequately by Josh? You just worry about his defense...he doesn't have any place on the diamond where he's not a liability, and he doesn't have quite enough power for DH.

Sort of reminds me a little bit of Ross G-Load.

I would like to say that Kroeger reminds me of Gload, but he really doesn't. Gload was good in 2003, and he absolutely murdered the ball in 2005 (.364/.416/.657/1.073, 38 XBHs in 263 PAs). Kroeger has yet to do anything similar to that with the Knights.

Edited by witesoxfan

Brent Morel b****es.

Johnnie Lowe looks night and day better than he did last year on the Barons looking at his stats. I'm sure JPN agrees from watching him.

Gilmore 0-5... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Shoemaker's 1st game back with Kanny. 3-4, RBI, 2B

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:19 PM)
Brent Morel b****es.

Johnnie Lowe looks night and day better than he did last year on the Barons looking at his stats. I'm sure JPN agrees from watching him.

Gilmore 0-5... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Shoemaker's 1st game back with Kanny. 3-4, RBI, 2B

Yes.