4/30 Games

danman31

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
Flowers 3-4 with his 4th home run on the year. Now OPSing 1.031.

Best news I've heard today. I love Flowers. Sox fans will finally realize what it's like to have a OBP/OPS weapon of a catcher if all goes right.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 1, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Best news I've heard today. I love Flowers. Sox fans will finally realize what it's like to have a OBP/OPS weapon of a catcher if all goes right.

im a huge flower fan too....im not sure hes going to hit for as much power as some projected him too after his ridiculous AFL a couple years ago, but the guy will be an on base machine

I went to the Charlotte/Columbus game. Here were my very amateurish scouting report.It's the 1st time i have seen any of these players and only know about them from what i have read on these boards.

Marquez-he threw well. I think he should use his curveball more. The Clippers looked bad every time he threw it.

Flowers- he looked great, what a big guy.The ball really comes off his bat. The double to right center looked like he barely hit the ball and was in the gap in a hurry. He also looked very quick getting the ball to second. Of course that was only during between inning warmups.

Gartrell-i don't know a whole lot about him,but he looked the best prospect to me. He was very good defensively, offensively and "looked" the part of a major league player.

Viciedo- was disappointed in him. Big swing but looks like he had trouble catching up with the fastball.

Dolsi- looked like Octavio Dotel out there. He was brining it and saw him hit 96 on the stadium gun. Seemed like he struck out every guy he faced.

Danks- he's a pretty skinny guy. He's very fluid in the OF and looks about what i expected.

Retherford-i can't see him having any impact on the ML level.

Rodriguez- i think it was his first appearance as the didn't have any AB's for him previously. He looked good.

Lillibridge- he's probably playing at the level he should be, AAA.

De Aza- good hitter, not so good defensively