12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks

Real

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Just some brilliant managing here. Of course, let Granderson and Gardner face the RHP with weak stuff.

We all would have ripped him if he put Williams in...I'd rather see Linebrink than Williams at this point. There may not be a right option.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
I don't care about match-ups anymore, if I'm Guillen, I go to Santos or Pena over Williams.

Probably not Putz, his stuff is too much like Linebrink's...about 85-90% of the pitcher he was b4 the injury.

At least Putz has a splitter. Linebrink has no confidence in anything but his average fastball with NO movement.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 1, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
We all would have ripped him if he put Williams in...I'd rather see Linebrink than Williams at this point. There may not be a right option.

Against Granderson, you put in a lefty whenever you can. Even in high school, he couldn't hit lefties!!

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)

And eventually you have to run someone else out there than the same two guys all of the time.

But then with a split, you risk the wild pitch or PB.

Santos would be my pick, clearly, Pena 2nd. But Pena went yesterday....one hit away from "goodbye pitching your a-- off for the win Danksie."

This type of loss could really be the death blow in the early season psyche of this club. Have to get this one, it's simple...anything else is a disaster.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
But then with a split, you risk the wild pitch or PB.

Santos would be my pick, clearly, Pena 2nd. But Pena went yesterday....one hit away from "goodbye pitching your a-- off for the win Danksie."

This type of loss could really be the death blow in the early season psyche of this club. Have to get this one, it's simple...anything else is a disaster.

Jesus Christ dude...you are like the f***ing Grim Reaper.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)

I disagree. I think Ozzie has already lost this team. This one game won't make much difference either way.