12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks

Real

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
Way to go, Kotsay. Dude that hit .290 in both '08 and '09 with an overall OPS in the .770 range, getting s***ted on by impatient fans.

seriously?

more like smart fans who know he has no business being a regular player

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
Nah its not, but even when we were up 3-0 there were still people crying about something.. its ridiculous..

Game threads are the slums of soxtalk...and I dont mean to disrespect anyone but s***, just saying what I feel.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ May 1, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
Way to go, Kotsay. Dude that hit .290 in both '08 and '09 with an overall OPS in the .770 range, getting s***ted on by impatient fans.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 1, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
seriously?

more like smart fans who know he has no business being a regular player

He's not a regular player. He's a good bench player/occasional starter. Where did I say that he was an everyday player? Did you really just refer to yourself as a smart fan? Smart people are not presumptuous.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ May 1, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
Game threads are the slums of soxtalk...and I dont mean to disrespect anyone but s***, just saying what I feel.

Oh I know

But I just don't understand the point of complaining and crying about stuff when we are WINNING

If we blow this lead, b**** away, but for as bad as it is when we are losing it doesn't need to be the same while winning too is all im sayin..

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
He's not a regular player. He's a good bench player/occasional starter. Where did I say that he was an everyday player? Did you really just refer to yourself as a smart fan? Smart people are not presumptuous.

exactly hes not a regular player but he was being used as a regular player. you said fans were impatient with him when they were upset that he was playing a lot. if he was just a bench player nobody would have a problem with it but when he was hitting 3rd and 5th thats where the problems started

Am in Xi'an China at 243 AM at net bar.

Well, at least if we lose, I get to see the amazing TERRA COTTA warriors today no matter what and won't let it ruin my day!!! YAY!

I was actually pretty shocked (upon logging onto computer to see) we were leading yesterday and today....only slightly more than I was shocked to see Thornton was the one who gave up the lead.

Beckham, what's going on with you?

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 1, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
exactly hes not a regular player but he was being used as a regular player. you said fans were impatient with him when they were upset that he was playing a lot. if he was just a bench player nobody would have a problem with it but when he was hitting 3rd and 5th thats where the problems started

And that ain't on Kotsay, correct? Does he pencil himself into the 5th slot?

Alright I didn't see us bat last half inning cause my friend walked in. Did I just hear Hawk say Kotsay drove in 2 runs?!

He's been getting on base the last two games. (had 2 BB's yesterday)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
Alright I didn't see us bat last half inning cause my friend walked in. Did I just hear Hawk say Kotsay drove in 2 runs?!

He's been getting on base the last two games. (had 2 BB's yesterday)

Home run.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
Gordo with three strikeouts today. OPS barely over .600.

He's striking out much more than he was last year even when he first got called up. Funny thing is, I still think Jones is leading our club with less at-bats.

Ah Teahen. Going back to his OBP moneyball ways.

Edited by SoxAce

Danks nearing high 80's in pitch count.

Looks like he will only get through five to be in a position to turn it over to pen...six if he's VERY VERY economical with his pitches next inning.

What's the +/- with Danks' pitch count before everyone starts laying into Ozzie for endangering the most important player in our organization arguably?

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
And that ain't on Kotsay, correct? Does he pencil himself into the 5th slot?

no but when someone is placed into that position and doesn't perform, whether he is capable or not, people are gonna rip on him. just like wise last year, he wasnt good enough to be the CF and proved it.

and kotsay was nowhere close to 770 OPS the last 2 years