12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks

Real

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
That hasn't had any affect yet. Perhaps hitting 6th or 7th for a while could relieve a little pressure is all I'm saying.

Maybe so. But if he's seeing worse pitches to hit, maybe the pressure gets greater.

When we need a fly ball from Pierre for an RBI, we get a ground ball to P/3B/1B, foul out, DP or K.

When we need him to slap the ball and beat it out, he flies out.

When we need him to run fast and beat out a play at first, he doesn't have that "burst" or extra gear to shift into anymore.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
When we need a fly ball from Pierre for an RBI, we get a ground ball to P/3B/1B, foul out, DP or K.

When we need him to slap the ball and beat it out, he flies out.

When we need him to run fast and beat out a play at first, he doesn't have that "burst" or extra gear to shift into anymore.

When we need him to retire, he signs an extention.

Big dilemma.

Williams against two lefties in the bottom of the 6th? Or Matt Thornton 2 innings too early, in the Zumaya-esque extended two inning appearance a day after being nicked by the Yankees the night before, in a day game?

No good options for Ozzie.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
When we need him to retire, he signs an extention.

I swear, the next big Sox news will be Kotsay and Vizquel signing extensions (with salary bumps and incentives built in) through the 2012 season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Big dilemma.

Williams against two lefties in the bottom of the 6th? Or Matt Thornton 2 innings too early, in the Zumaya-esque extended two inning appearance a day after being nicked by the Yankees the night before, in a day game?

No good options for Ozzie.

I doubt we see Thornton because of what Ozzie said last week about using him too much,

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
.224/.302/.608 1 HR 4 RBI

I'm not sure what your point is.

Has someone said he's been lighting it up?

Where do you want him to hit, in the spots he is most likely to see pitches he can handle or in spots where they are going to throw him crap to get to Pierre?