12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks

Real

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Exactly. I've been a Sox fan for too long (since 1970's) long enough to see the writing on the wall with this team's abysmal start.

We'll hear 16-24 (83 start) and how we went on to win the division by nearly 30 games and ended at 99-63 or whatever, but that's NOT HAPPENING THIS YEAR.

So why waste your time if you aren't getting any enjoyment out of this, and you have no expectations?

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
Lets just try and clear some cap space, and make a run at LeBron this summer.

He'd easily be our best player.

But really, what can Kenny even do? Obviously, he can't fire Ozzie yet. We don't have money/partners to make any useful trades, nor do we have the farm depth to make a trade even if we do.

We pretty much as stuck with this team for the rest of the year. Expect tons of home runs and tons of heart breaking losses due to this teams pure ineptitude.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Um, no. But I really don't care if you think that. Doesn't make a difference to me.

I've got the memory of an elephant. You had zero knowledge of pre-2005 Sox history when you started posting in here in 2006.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Exactly. I've been a Sox fan for too long (since 1970's) long enough to see the writing on the wall with this team's abysmal start.

We'll hear 16-24 (83 start) and how we went on to win the division by nearly 30 games and ended at 99-63 or whatever, but that's NOT HAPPENING THIS YEAR.

And yet you come back every morning to remind us that.

Seriously, what is your issue?

Why is it that some of you absolutely seem to thrive when this baseball team is playing like horses***?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Of course the Cubs are winning, too.

What else could go wrong...will go wrong. An injury is probably next, lol.

And the injury would be to someone that we actually enjoy watching. Now that would be really bad.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
Lets just try and clear some cap space, and make a run at LeBron this summer.

He's going to be a Cowboy anyways. That way he can have 100k worship him everytime he touches the ball.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
I've got the memory of an elephant. You had zero knowledge of pre-2005 Sox history when you started posting in here in 2006.

Hahaha, show me one post proving that. But whatever, its not true. I've got pictures, autographs, ticket stubs, all of that to prove it, but you're right. I'm an '05 fan.

Lol.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)

:lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
So why waste your time if you aren't getting any enjoyment out of this, and you have no expectations?

1) See answer from Fathom, same exact reason.

2) I will shift more towards being excited about success from our minor league prospects and maybe the possibility that KW makes the right move again when/if he starts trading.

3) Being a White Sox fan means you have to stick with every season (well, not 2007) from beginning 'til end. Always.

Here is a constructive, positive idea that doesn´t really deserve its own thread yet. Do we bring up Flowers soon since he is raking at Charlotte? AJ is not hitting at all and maybe now is the time to bring up Ty. Unless we want to preserve his ARB clock.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
1) See answer from Fathom, same exact reason.

2) I will shift more towards being excited about success from our minor league prospects and maybe the possibility that KW makes the right move again when/if he starts trading.

3) Being a White Sox fan means you have to stick with every season (well, not 2007) from beginning 'til end. Always.

Are you a fan, or a masochistic voyeur?

I don't understand how one can claim to be such a hardcore fan, but constantly revel in everything negative.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
And yet you come back every morning to remind us that.

Seriously, what is your issue?

Why is it that some of you absolutely seem to thrive when this baseball team is playing like horses***?

Because every game offers renewed HOPE that things will change...and no game is exactly the same as any other that has happened in the history of the game.

I could quote from James Earl Jones' "bleacher" speech to Annie in Field of Dreams but I'll spare myself citing it at the moment.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Here is a constructive, positive idea that doesn´t really deserve its own thread yet. Do we bring up Flowers soon since he is raking at Charlotte? AJ is not hitting at all and maybe now is the time to bring up Ty. Unless we want to preserve his ARB clock.

The Sox didn't really seem happy with him after the spring. I am not sure why, but I wonder if any of it has been fixed.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)

I'm fine bringing him up, after the Arb Clock isn't an issue anymore, not sure exactly when that would be though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Because every game offers renewed HOPE that things will change...and no game is exactly the same as any other that has happened in the history of the game.

I could quote from James Earl Jones' "bleacher" speech to Annie in Field of Dreams but I'll spare myself citing it at the moment.

Hope? You just said two posts ago that we have no hope.