12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks

Real

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
Which is no different from how KW has acted until he's made a concerted effort his year NOT to get upset and live and die with wins and losses on a daily basis.

Except we NEED him to be that post-game buffet overturning lunatic again, as long as he thinks rationally when he calms down and makes good moves.

I get frustrated when people say they want Ozzie and/or KW to go nuts on the team, etc. That's not going to work, as they've been around for far too long and a lot of the guys have seen all of their moves/tirades. It's like being in a relationship with someone for 10 years. After a while, your sig other yelling at you doesn't have the same impact that it did during the first few years.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Which is no different from how KW has acted until he's made a concerted effort his year NOT to get upset and live and die with wins and losses on a daily basis.

Except we NEED him to be that post-game buffet overturning lunatic again, as long as he thinks rationally when he calms down and makes good moves.

Abraham Lincoln wanted to fire almost every general that led the Army of the Potomac until Sherman and Grant came along...he would write 100's and 100's of letters tearing their predecessors apart and relieving them of command, then throw them all in the fire. The only difference in 2010 is that we put our immediate reactions into cyberspace instead of taking a deep breath and step back.

I've been upset twice since 2004, the game where I woke up and we blew the big lead late (against KC) in Sept. 2005 and the Jenks/Carlos Gomez series sweep towards the end of 2008 where it looked inevitable the season would get away. That last week of baseball was probably the most interesting I've ever seen, except for 05, because expectations were so high that year with the lead almost the entire year, running away until the Indians showed up in the 2nd half.

Dude, you are comparing the Civil War and being the President of the US to you being concerned about a baseball team?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
Why is Ozzie so hesitant to use Santos?

Just overprotecting him after what happened to Aardsma?

I'll give Ozzie the benefit of the doubt with Santos, as maybe they know more about his durability than we do.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
I'll give Ozzie the benefit of the doubt with Santos, as maybe they know more about his durability than we do.

Last year was his first year pitching, and they did say that he had problems with arm soreness. It would suck to lose him for an extended period of time right now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
Posada is a switch hitter.

Exactly. The minute Randy's there, Posada changes batting boxes and eliminates Randy's purpose for being out there.

At least he struck him out, though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
We've made it to the 8th with the lead.

Yay!!! Please get some insurance runs...I don't think I can stomach Jenks with anything less than a 2-3 run lead against the Yankees.

Yeah, that is what is staying in the back of my mind...regardless of getting out of the 7th...and hopefully the 8th...I am still going to be massively uncomfortable in the 9th...

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Nice splitter!

Yeah, you called that earlier.

That's the difference with him and Linebrink, the confidence to use his secondary stuff in big situations.

Liney has been reduced to relying on a BP fastball (well, for a short reliever, the equivalent, 91-94).

Can we just talk more about baseball and the White Sox than the posting habits of people? I'll gladly clean up my posts and keep them constructive instead of just flat out b****ing. There's good posters on here that have become nothing but reactionary to that of other people.

Fathom, I agree. This point ain´t b****in but I am really disappointed Linebrink blew another great effort by Danksie. He didn´t deserve that after really battling thru 5 innings.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
God damn, I left when it was 5-1 to pick up my dogs from the groomers and now it's 7-6?! The hell...

Well don't go leaving now to get a mani/pedi...we need you mojo, apparently