12:05pm (CSN) - Sox @ Yanks

Real

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

God damn, I left when it was 5-1 to pick up my dogs from the groomers and now it's 7-6?! The hell...

SA, and as I just noted below Linebrink screwed Danksie out of a win. That blows.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
God damn, I left when it was 5-1 to pick up my dogs from the groomers and now it's 7-6?! The hell...

Thats the good news.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ May 1, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
Fathom, I agree. This point ain´t b****in but I am really disappointed Linebrink blew another great effort by Danksie. He didn´t deserve that after really battling thru 5 innings.

It happens with relievers, Linebrink had been ok up until this point. The problem is that outside of Thornton and Jenks, our relievers haven't pitched in a lot of tight spots.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
It happens with relievers, Linebrink had been ok up until this point. The problem is that outside of Thornton and Jenks, our relievers haven't pitched in a lot of tight spots.

?

I get the impression that they have. They just haven't done very well in them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
?

I get the impression that they have. They just haven't done very well in them.

Pena, Putz, Santos, and Linebrink have had very few important appearances, IMO.

We have improved on responding when the other team punches us in the mouth...we have been responding over the last week or two instead of just packing it in. Thats a sign IMO that Ozzie hasn't lost this team yet...

Beckham has no confidence today, which is surprising after his last few games. A trend I noticed last year with him is that when he struck out in his first AB, he seemed to struggle the rest of the game. Seems like his Ks come in bunches.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Putz should try to finish the 8th, then Thornton should close today. Jenks is too risky with only a 1 run lead.

*points to the back of Jenks' baseball card*

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Another 0-3 game for Pierre. What really annoys me is that the one time he did get on, he didn't try to steal 2nd or 3rd and was on the bases for probably 20 pitches.

And also hung Vizquel out to dry while on second. He streaked toward third and then stopped. Vizquel was picked off because he was following Pierre's lead.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Beckham has no confidence today, which is surprising after his last few games. A trend I noticed last year with him is that when he struck out in his first AB, he seemed to struggle the rest of the game. Seems like his Ks come in bunches.

Which shouldn't be the case, because he is a kid that takes things in stride.

But you're right...he is ultra lost right now.