• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 1, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
holy christ.

can we just clone andruw and paulie? thanks.

I love how they were supposed to be the two biggest question marks going into the season.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ May 1, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
I don't think you understand. When I say negative things about Pierre/Vizquel/Kotsay, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I understand that they are what they are, and that's mediocre baseball players. I'm not going to have blind faith in sub-par players, I know better.

That's fine. But why bother coming here just to bash them all afternoon? Do you guys think you are enlightening the rest of us or something? Do you think you are stating something that hasn't been 400 times already? Jesus, it sounds like there is an echo in here because you guys all fall all over one another to say the same freaking "Pierre has not gotten the ball out of the infield for 12 consecutive PAs!" comment.

It would be one thing if there was something insightful being said, but there isn't. It's just the same "Ozzie should be fired for hitting Vizquel leadoff" crap. Are you serious? Have we not all learned that Ozzie will put the LEAST qualified candidate to hit in the MOST important places over and over again? Have we not been watching him do that since 2004? We get it! Ozzie fills out some incredibly peculiar lineup cards! But guess what? He's not getting fired for it! And you guys complaining about it is not going to change that! So we may as well cheer for these SOBs to get out of their funk and get the job done!

Go Andruw!

Talking about people when they're bad is cheering the team on.

We are keeping their business afloat by buying tickets, jerseys, and indirectly just by being on this board giving them our attention.

Our addiction to the team (and our addiction to yelling about how bad they can be) is something the White Sox people would privately tell you they thrive on. I see a win-win here fella.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
That's fine. But why bother coming here just to bash them all afternoon? Do you guys think you are enlightening the rest of us or something? Do you think you are stating something that hasn't been 400 times already? Jesus, it sounds like there is an echo in here because you guys all fall all over one another to say the same freaking "Pierre has not gotten the ball out of the infield for 12 consecutive PAs!" comment.

I agree with everyone you said besides the Pierre comment. Stone was the one who was mocking it after the pop up, so that's why a handful of people all typed it at the same time.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 1, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
Talking about people when they're bad is cheering the team on.

We are keeping their business afloat by buying tickets, jerseys, and indirectly just by being on this board giving them our attention.

Our addiction to the team (and our addiction to yelling about how bad they can be) is something the White Sox people would privately tell you they thrive on. I see a win-win here fella.

I'm not saying don't talk about them. I agree with you, any attention from the fans is better than NO attention from the fans.

And I also don't mean to lump everyone into the negative kool-aid group (that means you, Gerry).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
Is this game going to be over by the time the Blackhawks game starts?

It's a Yankee game, you'll be lucky to be seeing Game 2 on time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
Well for the line up we ran out there, they are doing a good job of make Vazquez work. I think he is in the middle 60's for a pitch count after three innings.

Danks might be close to that after 3 at this rate.

At 50 with no outs.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
You two want to get a room?

I don't even necessarily mind the post-disasterous at-bat ripping...it's the ripping before the guy even gets in the batters box that gets to me. It's like all the collective negative juju in here makes these guys fail.