AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Beckham needs to be moved down. He's putting too much pressure on himself, bat him 6th or 7th. If he's gonna be the face of the franchise for the next decade, he ain't gonna be doing it from the 2-hole....

QUOTE (Cali @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Beckham needs to be moved down. He's putting too much pressure on himself, bat him 6th or 7th. If he's gonna be the face of the franchise for the next decade, he ain't gonna be doing it from the 2-hole....

great job by jenks and putz

jones and paulie carrying the offense

big hits by two struggling lefties (kotsay and aj)

:gosoxretro:

lets get the series tomorrow

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Slightly offtopic, in this case who is picktoclick AJ or Andruw?

I gotta give it to AJ. That was a huge, huge hit...even though Andruw's counted just as much as AJ's.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)

I would be fine with swapping Beckham and Rios in the lineup right now.

Nice win and all with several really nice individual contributions, but I can't keep Linebrink's performance out of my head. I had hoped that he'd turn a corner this year, but it's tough to see that happening now. He might be the worst contract that the Sox have given out since Jamie Navarro.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Slightly offtopic, in this case who is picktoclick AJ or Andruw?

close, but due to the teams seemingly complete inability to get a big 2 out hit I would give it to A.J. I know it's a circular argument because without Jones' two bombs the Sox are to more runs behind, but with Linebrink giving up runs and again, the teams struggles to get "big" hits, I would go with A.J.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:19 PM)
Don't they use an objective scoring system in the Pick-to-Click thread?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm doing a PTC trough twitter with some other Sox fans and my pick was Andruw, yet AJ won today.

If there is a objective scoring system I think Andruw wins.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
The reason I'm asking is because I'm doing a PTC trough twitter with some other Sox fans and my pick was Andruw, yet AJ won today.

If there is a objective scoring system I think Andruw wins.

I think being clutch in a game takes precedent over 2 solo homers, unless one of the homers wins the game. Make it a tie if you have to.

Wow, i just read through a lot of the gamethread and it looks like i missed out on a lot of entertainment.. Love to see A.J. come through for us in the club, and a bitter part of me loved seeing Swish kick Linebrink in the nuts with that bomb. But that was a small part, easily ignored.

Do all fanbases dissect the lineup on a daily basis like Sox fans do?

Does it really matter who bats where that much?

The way I see it as long as Pierre is ninth, that's all I want. Don't understand the obsession.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Do all fanbases dissect the lineup on a daily basis like Sox fans do?

Does it really matter who bats where that much?

The way I see it as long as Pierre is ninth, that's all I want. Don't understand the obsession.

It's because Ozzie does s*** like bat Vizquel second, and he does it all the time.