May Catch All White Sox Thread

BigSqwert

Anyone up for an awesome Jayson Nix-James Shields feud? You might just get it. "Shields was miffed when he saw Nix flip his bat in the sixth inning, and he threw the next pitch high and tight to Alexei Ramirez.

"This guy is doing a bat-flip, kind of pimping the home run a little bit," said Shields, the cousin of former Sox outfielder Aaron Rowand. "That's just sometimes the way it happens. I guess when you hit a game-winning grand slam, I guess you can do that." http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...omparisons.html

Edited by Thunderbolt

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix's bat flip was clearly a heat of the moment thing, IMO. Nix is a 3rd string backup infielder right now not even hitting his weight. I doubt he really wanted to show anyone up. But I can easily see why a pitcher can get pissed in that situation during the game.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 31, 2010 -> 01:30 AM)
Anyone up for an awesome Jayson Nix-James Shields feud? You might just get it. "Shields was miffed when he saw Nix flip his bat in the sixth inning, and he threw the next pitch high and tight to Alexei Ramirez.

"This guy is doing a bat-flip, kind of pimping the home run a little bit," said Shields, the cousin of former Sox outfielder Aaron Rowand. "That's just sometimes the way it happens. I guess when you hit a game-winning grand slam, I guess you can do that." http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...omparisons.html

What a crybaby.

Jason rarely gets to play, especially against right handers. He has a great at bat, hits a freaking Grand Slam to put his team back in the lead after the Rays had just tied the game, and he's not allowed to throw the bat down when he crushes a pitch into the seats?

Get over yourself, James.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 31, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)

Blowing it a little out of proportion. The bat flip could've been much worse. I think Shields is just a little pissed he got rocked.

I hope the next time Jayson hits a grand slam against James Shields, he throws the bat as high up into the air as he can, does a riverdance, runs backwards to 1B, and grabs his junk repeatedly on the way around.

Shields is blowing this completely out of proportion. He was the one that hit Crisp in Spring Training a couple years ago to start that brawl too, wasn't he?

JPN stating over in the FS forum, that the Charlotte announcers mentioned Lillibridge was "removed" from the Charlotte roster, but that its "not a bad thing". Can't be sure what that means, but its possible Teahen is hitting the DL and Lillibridge is heading up.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 31, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
JPN stating over in the FS forum, that the Charlotte announcers mentioned Lillibridge was "removed" from the Charlotte roster, but that its "not a bad thing". Can't be sure what that means, but its possible Teahen is hitting the DL and Lillibridge is heading up.

That's exactly what it sounds like. The only other possibility is Gordo going down.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 31, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
I look forward to seeing an infield of Jason Nix, Brent Lillibridge, Omar Vizquel and Mark Kotsay... if I wasn't afraid that Ozzie might do it for a week straight.

I sure hope we get a chance to see Nix everyday in the lineup. Although he really isn't going to hit for any kind of average, he can launch and can add some real nice pop at the bottom of the lineup. On the other hand, Teahen has been hitting a little better as of late. I don't get why Ozzy doesn't try more of a platooning situation w/ Nix and Teahen during lefty righties, because Nix has the capability of hitting 20-25 homeruns in a season.