Beckham understands Ozzie's comments

southsider2k5

I have no idea why the media was asking Ozzie if they should demote him. If Ozzie was smart, he would bat him alot lower in the lineup because of his struggles (though he was still producing a solid walk rate). Let him hit 6th or lower and let him figure it out from there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 6, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
I have no idea why the media was asking Ozzie if they should demote him. If Ozzie was smart, he would bat him alot lower in the lineup because of his struggles (though he was still producing a solid walk rate). Let him hit 6th or lower and let him figure it out from there.

If you're not seeing pitches, youre not gonna see him whether you bat 2, 3, or 9. Don't number 2 hitters see the best pitches in a first place?

Cowley's such an asshole. I heard Ozzie talk about Beckham, and he didn't mean Golden Boy in a bad way. All Ozzie was saying is that Beckham has been the Golden Boy wherever he's played, be it in Little League or high school or at UGa. I was extremely impressed with Ozzie's post game press conference with regards to Beckham.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 6, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
If you're not seeing pitches, youre not gonna see him whether you bat 2, 3, or 9. Don't number 2 hitters see the best pitches in a first place?

You see good pitches at #2 if Pierre actually gets on base. Beckham has been struggling, no doubt, but he is a guy with so much talent and I think he can work his way out of this slump. If Ozzie thinks a 2 game benching will do it, so be it. He will still put up a solid season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)
Cowley's such an asshole. I heard Ozzie talk about Beckham, and he didn't mean Golden Boy in a bad way. All Ozzie was saying is that Beckham has been the Golden Boy wherever he's played, be it in Little League or high school or at UGa. I was extremely impressed with Ozzie's post game press conference with regards to Beckham.

What else is new. The sooner he goes the way of Mariotti, the better.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2010 -> 07:13 AM)
What else is new. The sooner he goes the way of Mariotti, the better.

I would never have known that from his tweet. You're right, the guy's a total dick and the sooner he's gone, the better.

If they want some offense injected, they have to go with Nix.

I suppose against a LHP, you also HAVE to go with Nix, even if you WANT WANT WANT to play Vizquel in the two spot and lead his induction parade into the streets of Cooperstown on a donkey with palm leaves trailing in his wake.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
If they want some offense injected, they have to go with Nix.

I suppose against a LHP, you also HAVE to go with Nix, even if you WANT WANT WANT to play Vizquel in the two spot and lead his induction parade into the streets of Cooperstown on a donkey with palm leaves trailing in his wake.

Nix should be getting the majoirty of the starts that Vizquel has been getting. I don't think we're ready for a Teahen platoon just yet, but i see no need to keep sending Omar out their when we have a younger guy who can do everything he does, and actually hit for pop. Omar should be a mentor to Beckham. Ramirez and Nix not a guy who being depended on to contribute.