12:05 (CSN, TBS) Sox @ Yanks

Real

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)
Can anyone theorize as to what happened to Carlos' defensive abilities, particularly as everyone thought he'd be more comfortable in his more natural RF position? Injuries can't be the only excuse...can they?

He just never was good out there.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
But aren't his minor league defensive metrics "solid" or at least 2nd quintile in RF? I think I read that somewhere...once upon a time.

A lot of the modern defensive metrics are based on video evaluation though, and that quality video doesn't exist for a lot of minor league games.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
Why are we having our pitcher bat in the 2nd spot? I don't know what the hell has happened to Beckham, but he looks like he needs to go back to the minors.

I never thought I'd see him look this BAD....ever

Right now I am doubting that he's going to get it back together again this year

:-(

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 2, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
I never thought I'd see him look this BAD....ever

Right now I am doubting that he's going to get it back together again this year

It's a long season, but he wouldn't be the first Sox player to have a strong first year and then fall on their face (Caruso, Fields, and even Quentin). It's more of a rule of thumb instead of a freak happening so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
It's a long season, but he wouldn't be the first Sox player to have a strong first year and then fall on their face (Caruso, Fields, and even Quentin). It's more of a rule of thumb instead of a freak happening so far.

He's completely lost all confidence. I wouldn't even be opposed to sending him down for a bit.

What the freak is wrong with Beckham he looks lost at the plate. He hasn't even made contact on any two of his K's today. Front hip flying open, long swing with the bat wrapping around his body. Get this kid some help hes killing us. Isn't it amazing when one of our guys is struggling its not like hes just struggling its like hes looks like a non mlb caliber player, Beckham, Pierre, AJ and CQ earlier this year. Its disgusting almost.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)

Might work

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)

Ramirez comes to mind.

Sosa and Cameron really struggled in their second years and ended up being traded.

QUOTE (joeynach @ May 2, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
What the freak is wrong with Beckham he looks lost at the plate. He hasn't even made contact on any two of his K's today. Front hip flying open, long swing with the bat wrapping around his body. Get this kid some help hes killing us. Isn't it amazing when one of our guys is struggling its not like hes just struggling its like hes looks like a non mlb caliber player, Beckham, Pierre, AJ and CQ earlier this year. Its disgusting almost.

It's where Walker needs to earn his keep. If he says there's nothing that can be done to help veteran players, then he better be helping our young players. He failed to every fix Josh Fields.