Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start WCIU TV

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't we just bring up someone who's not an A-level prospect (thinking Gartrell or Shelby) and just give them Kotsay's at-bats to see what happens...?

I'm sorry for offending KW to think there might be a DH out there who do better than a 518 OPS.

Tears are streaming from my eyes, that I now recognize TMK can't do the job, as hard as he wants to please us.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 3, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
Why Kotsay sucks: 12.2% LD%, 48.8% FB%, for a guy with virtually no power, that's the formula you need to hit like crap.

At least he's not hitting in a position usually reserved for run producers. Or being paid the same salary as a great clubhouse guy who could have been had.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 3, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
At least he's not hitting in a position usually reserved for run producers. Or being paid the same salary as a great clubhouse guy who could have been had.

s***, we could have had Pods back for the money he's making.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
Can't we just bring up someone who's not an A-level prospect (thinking Gartrell or Shelby) and just give them Kotsay's at-bats to see what happens...?

I'm sorry for offending KW to think there might be a DH out there who do better than a 518 OPS.

Tears are streaming from my eyes, that I now recognize TMK can't do the job, as hard as he wants to please us.

I'd throw the Lucy-bone to Josh Kroeger. Let him have a victory lap in the majors before he retires.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 3, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
I'd throw the Lucy-bone to Josh Kroeger. Let him have a victory lap in the majors before he retires.

Sure, why the hell not?

But I'd rather see if Shelby or Gartrell could catch fire. Shelby's got some nice tools, has 7 doubles already this season for the Barons.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ May 3, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
he's going right after the hitters throwing strikes :headbang

And thats been his big problem. It was amazing in the Texas game. He threw strike one to the first three hitters, then gave up the homer to Hamilton and went 1-0 on the next six hitters...