Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start WCIU TV

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell did you foul that off Juan? It was a ball and there's a very slight chance that Kendall throws out Alexei with the way he's been throwing. My god his pitch recognition is terrible. How do you hit a hanging curveball into the ground?

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 3, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Peavy 70 pitches...getting closer to that terrible bullpen...

He's in good shape. He can make 7 if he avoids trouble.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 3, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
Why the hell did you foul that off Juan? It was a ball and there's a very slight chance that Kendall throws out Alexei with the way he's been throwing. My god his pitch recognition is terrible. How do you hit a hanging curveball into the ground?

Hit and run...nothing to be done.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 3, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)

Simple, you slap at the top half of the ball...and push it the other way w/ an inside out swing.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 3, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)
Hit and run...nothing to be done.

It looked like Pierre hesitated before he swung. Or maybe that's how he swings...

Announcers picking up on the fact that Beckham would almost never swing and miss a ball last year...or very very rarely.

We'll go with the Mark Teahen/BB/OBP theory...taking two walks is a positive, seeing pitches better, certainly better for his confidence than striking out.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/b...nded/order/true

White Sox, for the first time in my lifetime, are leading the AL in SB's in May (and two ahead of the Padres for the MLB lead). Or maybe that season, the final one in the old ballpark, we were close, that team ran a ton, too.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 3, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
IF juan could get on base even a third of the time this season, he may end up with 60 steals

If I go out and start charging people money for sex, I might end the night with 60 bucks. Neither of those two things, me going out during finals, or successfully prostituting myself is going to happen. So, why should Pierre's happen? I- I lost my train of thought.