A Royals Acquisition that May Make Sense

chisoxt

Okay, so the Mike MacDougal, Horatio Ramarez and Mark Teahen trades don't look so hot, what about the possibility of acquiring Alex Gordon? It seems as though Gordon is frustrating Royal's management enough that he was recently sent down to the minor leagues. As we do not seem to have a legitimate 3B prospect at the moment in our system (I am an not sold on Brent Morel), what about Alex Gordon? A change of scenery may do Gordon good, though the chronic injury thing is a concern. Could this be Herm Schneider project??

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Royals want to dump him...I think they have about given up on him. Their new plan is to keep him in the minors this year and eventually move him to 1st base and Butler to DH when Jose Guillens contract expires...which...is retarded.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ May 3, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
Okay, so the Mike MacDougal, Horatio Ramarez and Mark Teahen trades don't look so hot, what about the possibility of acquiring Alex Gordon? It seems as though Gordon is frustrating Royal's management enough that he was recently sent down to the minor leagues. As we do not seem to have a legitimate 3B prospect at the moment in our system (I am an not sold on Brent Morel), what about Alex Gordon? A change of scenery may do Gordon good, though the chronic injury thing is a concern. Could this be Herm Schneider project??

Yeah because Chris Getz and Josh Fields are such a superior duo...

Anyways, I wouldnt be opposed to acquiring Alex Gordon, but the KC to Chicago train is really getting kind of old.

I think they would avoid dealing him to us, and their should be plenty of other teams interested, because on the oft chance the guy fulfills some of his enormous potential, their fans aren't going to want it rubbed in their faces for 19 games every season. If they move him, they'll move him outside of the division.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 3, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
Yeah because Chris Getz and Josh Fields are such a superior duo...

Anyways, I wouldnt be opposed to acquiring Alex Gordon, but the KC to Chicago train is really getting kind of old.

Man what I would give for the smooth glove and hot bat of Fields right now.

I don't think i'd be willing to give up any of the Big Four (Hudson, Flowers, Danks 2, Viciedo) for him just yet, but honestly i'd give up any other package of talent we have in this system to get an unexplored talent like Gordon's to the South Side. He's got a good enough glove to stick him at 3b, and let him do his thing for the rest of the year. Move Teahen to LF. Jones to RF, and Q to DH and you've got a young core surrounded by veterans signed to short-term deals. That's ideal.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 3, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
Okay but what would it take to get him?

Good question. The Royals have a great young core of arms coming up in their system, but each of them is one to two years away. They also have Eric Hosmer a 1b and Moustakas at 3b, making those positions less of a necessity.

Edit: This is going to be controversial but given how young Gordon is, coupled with the Teahen extension, i'd really consider offering a package of Morel and Torres (potentially, with a guy like Shelby positioned as filler) and see if Dayton Moore bites.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 3, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
Good question. The Royals have a great young core of arms coming up in their system, but each of them is one to two years away. They also have Eric Hosmer a 1b and Moustakas at 3b, making those positions less of a necessity.

How about a package to pick up Alex Gordon AND Kila Ka'aihue? I think that would be sweet...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 3, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)

Edit: This is going to be controversial but given how young Gordon is, coupled with the Teahen extension, i'd really consider offering a package of Morel and Torres (potentially, with a guy like Shelby positioned as filler) and see if Dayton Moore bites.

Controversial? Morel? Torres? Shelby? lol. They could have those three and more (outside of the "big 4" for a former #2 draft pick and consensus top 3 prospect in all of baseball just a few years ago. Gordon was a 2.1 and 2.3 WAR player in 2007 and 2008. And I believe he was just barely scratching the surface before the injuries came into play.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ May 3, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
"A Royals Acquisition that May Make Sense"

Could this be Herm Schneider project??

Two things. Pods for Pierre.

Second, why do we as Sox fans believe that Cooper and Schneider or individuals on our staff can fix these fringe of MLB players?

This was kinda being talked about yesterday in the catch all thread. Would make a s***load of sense cause I love Gordon, but shack is right, they will move a talent like that outside the division. And if they were to trade him, they need pitching or perhaps OF prospects. They are fine in the infield.

QUOTE (The Beast @ May 3, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)

Second, why do we as Sox fans believe that Cooper and Schneider or individuals on our staff can fix these fringe of MLB players?

Herm Schneider? Why is he even being mentioned? And I'd say Don Cooper has just a tad bit of history of helping guys realize their potential (yes, I know he can't "fix" everybody). And AG is not a "fringe" MLB player.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (The Beast @ May 3, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)

Alex Gordon is not a fringe major league talent. He's an elite talent with major league growing pains, in a crappy sitiuation with a recent history of injury problems. I wouldn't write a guy off who came in to the majors heralded as the next, "George Brett," and was drafted in front of Ryan Zimmerman, Ryan Braun, Tulo, and Jay Bruce, just yet.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 3, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
Herm Schneider? Why is he even being mentioned? And I'd say Don Cooper has just a tad bit of history of helping guys realize their potential (yes, I know he can't "fix" everybody). And AG is not a "fringe" MLB player.

Much of Gordon's problem has been staying healthy. It has been noted by some that Herm has a pretty good reputation of limiting time loss to the disabled list. Granted, there are many things outside of a trainer's control, but it is worth mentioning.