A Royals Acquisition that May Make Sense

chisoxt

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 13, 2010 -> 09:14 AM)
It just goes to show you defense is never a priority in this organization. They try to churn out as many DH/1B as possible.

And really besides being untrue I wish that was right now. How great would it be to have a bonafide replacement for Kotsay/JOnes (Jones just because of potential cost in resigning) and Konerko for next year.

A Chris Carter type of guy would be awesome to have right about now. Hopefully Flowers and Viciedo pan out, because we are thin at that position.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
And really besides being untrue I wish that was right now. How great would it be to have a bonafide replacement for Kotsay/JOnes (Jones just because of potential cost in resigning) and Konerko for next year.

A Chris Carter type of guy would be awesome to have right about now. Hopefully Flowers and Viciedo pan out, because we are thin at that position.

Well, I'm not sure if they count as Bona Fide, but we have guys in our top 10 prospects in AAA right now that can play all 3 of those roles (CF/OF, 1b, and Utility man who can play backup 1b).

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 13, 2010 -> 09:52 AM)
You could be right. I don't recall when exactly the "official" announcement was made. But I was informed last summer that his future was at 1b. So I think it would be more accurate to say signing Teahen was a reaction to moving Dayan as opposed to he was moved due to signing Teahen.

He is off to a good start at AAA. Though that bb/k ratio is pretty bad.

NO ONE saw Viciedo as a 3B from the day that he was signed. That might have been his official position, but talk was always everywhere but third.

Sort of.

The one justification given for 3B was his arm strength, and reports he was timed at 89-92 MPH by various guns at tryouts.

1B, because of his height and being RH'ed, maybe not a natural fit either.

I'm thinking LF. As long as we don't have Teahen, Viciedo, Josh Fields and Alex Gordon all trying to defend positions, our future D should be okay. Well, actually Gordon would be fine with me as a "speculative" replacement for Konerko at 1B. Definitely, I'd take him in a heartbeat over Teahen at 3B.

Speaking of Royals/Sox trades, whatever happened to Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes, those guys didn't work out so well, did they? It seems Cortes was a Top 40-60 prospect not so long ago, and now you never hear about him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Sort of.

The one justification given for 3B was his arm strength, and reports he was timed at 89-92 MPH by various guns at tryouts.

1B, because of his height and being RH'ed, maybe not a natural fit either.

I'm thinking LF. As long as we don't have Teahen, Viciedo, Josh Fields and Alex Gordon all trying to defend positions, our future D should be okay. Well, actually Gordon would be fine with me as a "speculative" replacement for Konerko at 1B. Definitely, I'd take him in a heartbeat over Teahen at 3B.

Speaking of Royals/Sox trades, whatever happened to Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes, those guys didn't work out so well, did they? It seems Cortes was a Top 40-60 prospect not so long ago, and now you never hear about him.

Sergio #2 if the hitting doesn't pan out

I'm pulling for him, he seems like a good kid who's really gotten screwed over by a dysfunctional organization that for some inexplicable reason prefers to go down with Chris Getz and Alberto Callaspo over Alex.

The Royals are dysfunctional, but Alex's problems are caused by injury and Alex so far. He's just not very good.