KW issues ultimatum

Princess Dye

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
What does it say? Twitter, Fecebook, Myspace, youtube, hulu.com, etc. are blocked in CHINA by the "GREAT FIREWALL."

Basically that he will give this team another month and then reevaluate.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
What does it say? Twitter, Fecebook, Myspace, youtube, hulu.com, etc. are blocked in CHINA by the "GREAT FIREWALL."

Kenny is giving the team a month. Whether this means a month til wild salary dumping, that is unclear.

Maybe we'll see if AJ's developed trade value through multiple years of (fairly) incident free play and high OBP for a catcher.

Another non story. I really don't think KW needs another month to conclude he needs more talent. I think he may now regret calling it an offseason after he acquired a leadoff man who can't get on base much and a third baseman who doesn't hit or field all that well, and thinking his piss poor 2009 offense was poised for a turnaround.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 3, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Kenny is giving the team a month. Whether this means a month til wild salary dumping, that is unclear.

Maybe we'll see if AJ's developed trade value through multiple years of (fairly) incident free play and high OBP for a catcher.

Developed trade value? I don't think a 4-game stretch in which he recorded 6 hits to raise his average to .192 did much for his trade value.

As long as the ultimatum isn't directed at "fair weather fans" for not supporting this team, attendance issues (we'll be #22 after this series in MLB), having to pay the electricity bill somehow, only being able to spend 50 cents, etc., then it's cool...but he dareth not engage mano a mano against loyal White Sox fans for NOT supporting the piss-poor miasma of an organization he's down-graded us to like a bad credit default swap that's worth pennies on the dollar.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
Another non story. I really don't think KW needs another month to conclude he needs more talent. I think he may now regret calling it an offseason after he acquired a leadoff man who can't get on base much and a third baseman who doesn't hit or field all that well, and thinking his piss poor 2009 offense was poised for a turnaround.

Too funny...TWO Sox fans both using the exact, particular phrase "piss poor" to describe the Sox.

There are ways around it, VPN (virtual private network), proxies, hiding your IPS address anonymously...but i an in a public internet cafe in Xi'an (home of Terra Cotta Warriors), so no such option

Technically, Fecesbook would be the right phrase, but it was just a TYPO, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (G&T @ May 3, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
There's an ultimatum every year.

There was an ultimatum to Juan Pierre that lasted less than a week.

An ultimatum every season about execution/fundamentals/advancing runners/bunting/scoring runners from 3rd with less than 2 outs, etc. That renewed "Ozzie/Cora boot camp" in mid-season probably stays with the team as long as any Ozzie ultimatum.

I don't know why people are reading "ultimatum" into this.

He said he's going to evaluate things in a month.

Every year he says you have to wait til June to see what you've got.

Sounds like he's telling people worried about the team to lighten up for a month to me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:14 AM)
Yeah, not really.

That's a great defense of him. His record isn't though. If you make the safe assumption this year is going to end after 162, that's 8 seasons of 10 under him not in the playoffs, and the 9th saw us win a whopping 1 playoff game after narrowly taking a bad division. (And yes, I know he found a great batch of smoke and mirrors in 2005, I enjoyed it as much as everybody else. It's kept him and Ozzie employed for quite a while now.)

Edited by whitesoxfan101