AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also: I think i underestimated how popular scotty pods is with most sox fans.

I think that fans who go to the games are not as insane as many message board crazies. Of course they will cheer for somebody who helped us win a f***ing World Series.

Some Sox fans went a whole lifetime without a WS title. He helped us win one. Of course he should be popular with White Sox fans.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 3, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
Peavy was bringing it. Hit 95 a few times tonight. Saw him as high as 96 a couple of times.

Pitch f/x had him topping out at 94.8 MPH with an average fastball around 93.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 4, 2010 -> 12:48 AM)
Pitch f/x had him topping out at 94.8 MPH with an average fastball around 93.

Lower than 95-96, but that velocity is absolutely fine. Hopefully he can keep bringing it in that range.

It was a lot of fun watching Peavy pitch. I don't think his fastball was ever straight, it was moving and diving and tailing all night. The Royals hitters looked outmatched. I think this is the Peavy we see the rest of the way.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 4, 2010 -> 06:10 AM)
It was a lot of fun watching Peavy pitch. I don't think his fastball was ever straight, it was moving and diving and tailing all night. The Royals hitters looked outmatched. I think this is the Peavy we see the rest of the way.

I sure hope so but lets not get too carried away. He beat a crap team. I want to wait to see him have a couple good starts before I consider him back to form. Heck even Jon Garland threw 8 shutout innings the other night.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 4, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
I sure hope so but lets not get too carried away. He beat a crap team. I want to wait to see him have a couple good starts before I consider him back to form. Heck even Jon Garland threw 8 shutout innings the other night.

yeah, and to paraphrase Lenny Leonard "Yeah, and Jake beat their brains in." Basically, he did what a dominant pitcher is supposed to do to a crap team. Also, I just didn't look at a box score (and by the way this crap team, according to many posters on this board have, have Scotty "The White Ricky Henderson" in their line-up!!!) I watched the game and his stuff looked very nasty tonight.

Peavy looked nasty. Real nasty. He had explosive stuff and the command is improving. He's still not there yet but that is ok, because very few guys can do what he can do even at the level he was last night, imo.

Yes, Peavy is an ace and he will show you all that. Now its time for my boy Floyd to make this a winning streak!!!

I think there's cause for hope. Even though Peavy got rocked in the first inning last Thursday at the Rangers game I was at, he settled down and looked like... well, this for pretty much the rest of his innings there.

So maybe he's turned the corner. I'll take it.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)

So how about the last five innings against Texas's offense?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
So how about the last five innings against Texas's offense?

There is definite cause for hope. I am just saying I am not sold on 12 innings, just like I wasn't sold that he sucked on a few bad starts.

Even though the Royals suck, that's very encouraging from Jake.

I'll say what a lot of guys say about our players: "He'll be fine."

I'd be nice to start being a bit more consistent and stringing good games together as a team. After an excellent, efficient win, can we do it again tonight? Or revert to crumminess?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
I think that fans who go to the games are more insane than many message board crazies. Of course they will cheer for somebody who was just a mediocre player that had a tool and a half.

Some Sox fans went a whole lifetime without a WS title. He was on the team that won one. Of course he should be popular by association.

fixed