AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 4, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
There is definite cause for hope. I am just saying I am not sold on 12 innings, just like I wasn't sold that he sucked on a few bad starts.

Well it wasn't so much the results as it was the combination of unbelievable stuff and outstanding command that he was featuring yesterday. Sure it was against a bad offense but he proved yesterday beyond a shadow of a doubt that the pure ability that he showed throughout his career in San Diego is still there and if he can continue to throw as well as he did yesterday it won't really matter what offense he's going up against, great hitters are going to have a ton of trouble making good contact against this latest incarnation of Jake Peavy.

So it wasn't so much the results (which came against a bad team) as it was the way he went about achieving those results (which translates well against any offense) that was exciting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
Even though the Royals suck, that's very encouraging from Jake.

I'll say what a lot of guys say about our players: "He'll be fine."

I'd be nice to start being a bit more consistent and stringing good games together as a team. After an excellent, efficient win, can we do it again tonight? Or revert to crumminess?

You can say that about Peavy because he's a Cy Young candidate every Opening Day. He's more than proven himself. If something happens to Peavy then Kenny, Rick Hahn, JR, everyone involved in that decision-making process, is 100% in the clear because that move was a complete no-brainer, and in that scenario you would then chalk the poor result up to "sometimes, s*** happens." No reason to worry about Peavy. Like you say, he'll be fine.

I think that fans who go to the games are more insane than many message board crazies. Of course they will cheer for somebody who was just a mediocre player that had a tool and a half.

Some Sox fans went a whole lifetime without a WS title. He was on the team that won one. Of course he should be popular by association.

My god. That home run he hit in the Series didn't give you a thrill of a lifetime?

I'm glad I'm not a fan who forgets the great moments certain Sox players have provided. I think the fans who did the correct thing and cheered him last night would agree with me.

You think Pods should only be popular by association for us winning the title? Are you serious?

Edited by greg775

And btw, I know the Hawks played last night but what a terrible showing of fans last night given that it was half price Monday and the weather was immaculate. But I guess it's to be expected with the way the team has played.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
And btw, I know the Hawks played last night but what a terrible showing of fans last night given that it was half price Monday and the weather was immaculate. But I guess it's to be expected with the way the team has played.

Half the people there were young kids who have Bieber Fever. It was supposed to rain yesterday, FWIW. I was impressed by the fans there who were extremely harsh relating to Pierre and Linebrink.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
My god. That home run he hit in the Series didn't give you a thrill of a lifetime?

I'm glad I'm not a fan who forgets the great moments certain Sox players have provided. I think the fans who did the correct thing and cheered him last night would agree with me.

You think Pods should only be popular by association for us winning the title? Are you serious?

I was half kidding.

Podsednik might be one of the most overrated Sox players of all time by a lot of casual Sox fans (especially women, we all know why).

But seriously, we shouldn't be salivating over a guy who hasn't produced over 2 WAR since 2003. I mean come on, we all know Pierre sucks right now (doesn't mean he will for the whole year though), but to keep reminding everybody how great Podsednik is/was is getting old. He was a decent contributor that year and he was part of the reason for the team's large success in the first half. But besides that season and 2009, what has he done for this team? That's what I'd like to ask.

If you see all of this when talking about Podsednik, what will people do when Konerko leaves this team this off-season?

Edited by chw42