Justin Bieber is the new Steve Perry

macsandz

Name change: When Gordon Beckham arrived at the Cell on Thursday, he happened to glance up at the nameplate above his locker. It read "Gordon Bieber."

Bieber is the teen singing sensation who threw out the first pitch Monday. In what started out as a joke, the Sox had played one of his songs before a victory in Yankee Stadium and then played it again afterward in celebration.

"I'm not a big fan, but I wouldn't (deny) I haven't listened to his songs," Beckham said. "They're catchy."

So who went to the trouble to have his nameplate changed?

"I wish I knew," Beckham said. "And when I do find out, there will be retribution."

link

I've been sitting on an MLB.com gift card and was planning on ordering a jersey t-shirt of someone on the team who won my heart within the first month. I'm considering a Bieber #10 shirt now. I must admit, this whole thing caused me to download his album, and I've caught the Bieber Fever. Eenie Meanie is a great track, Biebs and Sean Kingston come on what's not to love?

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 11, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
I've been sitting on an MLB.com gift card and was planning on ordering a jersey t-shirt of someone on the team who won my heart within the first month. I'm considering a Bieber #10 shirt now. I must admit, this whole thing caused me to download his album, and I've caught the Bieber Fever. Eenie Meanie is a great track, Biebs and Sean Kingston come on what's not to love?

Are you a woman?

I'm a 24 year old dude. As straight as a dude man can be. I just get some man crushes sometimes. The Biebs Feves is like a Mini-Man Crush I guess. Blame the "media" and the bah gawd "unmanly man agenda" in America today!

Honestly, I've been waiting on another 08 Q year to buy a real jersey; and want a real jersey Beckham. I get enjoyment out of the players like Erstad and Lillibridge- gotta find guilty pleasures in every game. I've since aquired those jersey t-shirts, and feel that so far the only thing to excite me in 2010 has been the fever in the clubhouse surrounding Bieber.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
I'm a 24 year old dude. As straight as a dude man can be. I just get some man crushes sometimes. The Biebs Feves is like a Mini-Man Crush I guess. Blame the "media" and the bah gawd "unmanly man agenda" in America today!

Honestly, I've been waiting on another 08 Q year to buy a real jersey; and want a real jersey Beckham. I get enjoyment out of the players like Erstad and Lillibridge- gotta find guilty pleasures in every game. I've since aquired those jersey t-shirts, and feel that so far the only thing to excite me in 2010 has been the fever in the clubhouse surrounding Bieber.

Contradiction.

Also, if this is a man-crush, see Chris Hansen as earlier displayed in this thread.