Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start CSN TV

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Hawk have a list of things/points that he repeats every game but trys to pass it along as some new thought?

1. Strike 1 is the most important pitch in baseball

2. A well located fastball is the most important pitch in baseball

3. Baseball is a battle of the bullpens these days

Feel free to add.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
Hawk "Your offense is only as good as your bullpen."

? Maybe thats our problem. The middle relievers have been wearing the offense's unis and have been hitting for them.

Hahaha that is a truly bizarre thing to say. I have my TV muted (stupid organic chemistry tests...); why did he say that?

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Hahaha that is a truly bizarre thing to say. I have my TV muted (stupid organic chemistry tests...); why did he say that?

He was talking about how the KC bullpen was bad.

What Hawk says makes absolutely no sense to me most of the time.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Does Hawk have a list of things/points that he repeats every game but trys to pass it along as some new thought?

1. Strike 1 is the most important pitch in baseball

2. A well located fastball is the most important pitch in baseball

3. Baseball is a battle of the bullpens these days

Feel free to add.

Don't forget how the umpires have taken away the pitchers' ability to pitch inside! And that 1-1 pitch is a huge, huge pitch in the grand scheme of things! And Yaz is one fine piece of ass!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
Hell no, Santos has more power than Pierre.

The best part is that he really does. Santos could probably hit as many homers as half the guys on the team, his contact rate would be miserable though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
He was talking about how the KC bullpen was bad.

What Hawk says makes absolutely no sense to me most of the time.

Really, I consider him more of a mascot than an announcer. In fact, he rivals Southpaw. If Hawk were fuzzier, greener, and a better dancer, I'd say we should just consolidate the two jobs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2010 -> 02:47 AM)
Today might just be one of those days where you get a lot of at'em balls. Rios has had two already.

That was a routine double play ball. Now you sound like jphat circa 2005.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
Really, I consider him more of a mascot than an announcer. In fact, he rivals Southpaw. If Hawk were fuzzier, greener, and a better dancer, I'd say we should just consolidate the two jobs.

Maybe so, but I love the Hawkeroo....there is something about having someone up there that you feel is going through the same s*** as you...a lot more people are going to miss him when he's gone...and then he will become legendary.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
That was a routine double play ball. Now you sound like jphat circa 2005.

Routine ones are hit a little slower. That ball seemed like it was hit pretty hard.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Maybe so, but I love the Hawkeroo....there is something about having someone up there that you feel is going through the same s*** as you...a lot more people are going to miss him when he's gone...and then he will become legendary.

Couldn't agree more. My angst = Hawk's angst

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)

I love the guy, I really do. I love that he can't contain himself when good things happen to the organization. I also love Southpaw.