Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start CSN TV

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 5, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)
This is an example on how pitch counts dont dictate when you pull a guy. Gavin pretty much on the ropes early in the game and threw of stress filed pitches. Once he got to the 5th you consider it a job well done. Letting him flail in the wind at the end was pointless.

Totally agree, as soon as Getz got on, I would have pulled him. Of course, not having a 2nd lefty in the pen you can count on hurts.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
This is an example on how pitch counts dont dictate when you pull a guy. Gavin pretty much on the ropes early in the game and threw of stress filed pitches. Once he got to the 5th you consider it a job well done. Letting him flail in the wind at the end was pointless.

Well I am not watching, but from some of the posts I read here I had the impression that Gavin was had recovered and started to locate?

I really do feel like I jinxed him...

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Their lineup sucks!! Their bottom 4 hitters are awful. Their middle relief sucks. Their starting pitching isn't much worse than ours though. I'd take Pods over Pierre in a heartbeat though.

Now that's just crazy talk.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 5, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)
At some point the pitching just has no chance to win because they are unable to make one mistake.

How many 4+ run innings have they given up compared to how many times they have scored more than 2 in an inning. Close games go to hell rather quickly.

Agreed, this offense has no spurtability. Even when they score a few runs in an inning, they find a way to do something to kill momentum. On the bright side, Beckham looks decent tonight. I wish I could bet Sox fans about who would end up with a higher batting average this season, Beckham or Jones.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Agreed, this offense has no spurtability. Even when they score a few runs in an inning, they find a way to do something to kill momentum. On the bright side, Beckham looks decent tonight. I wish I could bet Sox fans about who would end up with a higher batting average this season, Beckham or Jones.

What are you, Bill Raftery now or something?

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
Well the fact that they have twice as many runs 6 as we have hits may pose a problem in the cause of trying to win this game.

Details...DETAILS!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 5, 2010 -> 03:05 AM)
i think you missed the qualifier

Yes, you asked if I thought they were a better team. I'm saying that it shouldn't even be close, as I don't think they'll win over 70 games this season. Of course, my projection is the Sox go 74-88.