Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start CSN TV

Pierre with 14 SB. Paulie with 12 HR. Ozzie stated this winter he would rather Rios steal 50 bases than hit 50 homers because he wanted production. Does this mean Ozzie likes Pierre's production more than Paulie's?

They have to run every time they are base against Kendall.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
Please. You can be objective and not be a homer. jphat has taken being negative to another level. He hopes teams that beat us lose to other teams just so he can b**** about how those same teams can't beat anybody but us.

That's such bulls***. I root for the Sox to win and the Twins and Detroit to lose every f***ing night. And if you don't believe that, I don't care one bit.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
I never said it did make it right, I was just saying that he's been around forever and it's like he went bizzarro jphat.

I don't mind people being pessimistic. You are one of my favorite posters. But annoying is annoying, whether it's by constantly just focusing on the positives or constantly focusing on the negatives. Or just ZEROING in on Alex Rios.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2010 -> 02:07 AM)
I don't mind people being pessimistic. You are one of my favorite posters. But annoying is annoying, whether it's by constantly just focusing on the positives or constantly focusing on the negatives. Or just ZEROING in on Alex Rios.

You didn't hear that Alex Rios kid that was born the other day was with jphat's ex?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2010 -> 02:08 AM)
KW went after Kendall but fortunately Billy Beane gave Pittsburgh a better offer and KW had to settle for AJP.

There's a lot of bad stuff to come out about Kendall. His ex is accusing him of all sorts of drug issues.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
Usual sloppy D? You mean his 18.3 UZR150 this season, which makes him the 2nd best 2B in the AL right now (behind Beckham)?? While Teahen has an AMAZING -37.6 UZR/15 right now, which puts him as the 2nd worst in the majors?

Small sample size. 1 month of UZR is like 10 days of hitting statistics.

All I have to say is about f***ing time Ozzie used the double steal. I've been calling for that for a while. Beckham could have 10 SB by now easily, not to mention we can score easy cheap runs like that.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
Lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet. It's not like he's hitting like Ted Williams all of a sudden.

No one ever expected him to. But when you make a judgment based on one month instead of 8 years, you tend to be wrong.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
No one ever expected him to. But when you make a judgment based on one month instead of 8 years, you tend to be wrong.

I don't think even the biggest Pierre haters (myself included) thought he'd ht .200 forever.

Are there examples of guys Teahen's age who have improved significantly defensively? I remember as a little kid hearing spring after spring how Jorge Orta improved as a 2B, then the season would start and it was the same old Jorge. He was a good hitter at least.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
Usual sloppy D? You mean his 18.3 UZR150 this season, which makes him the 2nd best 2B in the AL right now (behind Beckham)?? While Teahen has an AMAZING -37.6 UZR/15 right now, which puts him as the 2nd worst in the majors?

Because UZR is a flawless measuring stick. Just look at Jason Bay! He's had a small sample size and he was poor last year.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
That's such bulls***. I root for the Sox to win and the Twins and Detroit to lose every f***ing night. And if you don't believe that, I don't care one bit.

lol. Just like last week when you tried to pigeon hole the Sox sweeping the Mariners. You said the Royals were on the verge of sweeping the Mariners even though it was only the second game of a 3-game series and the Royals were only up 1 in the 7th inning. The Mariners come back and win and you don't say a word. Your agenda is clear.