Royals vs Sox 7:10CST Start CSN TV

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
I don't think even the biggest Pierre haters (myself included) thought he'd ht .200 forever.

I dunno...there were people here calling him a complete bust...as if that was all he was capable of. I don't think anyone thinks he's the league MVP, but he does bring some skills to the table.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
Wow, Austin Jackson has a BABIP over .500

The Tigers like to pick up guys who flourish despite their peripherals spelling certain doom. Look, at the numbers Rick Porcello put up last year, his struggles are of little suprise.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
I think Gavin's having one of those games where he just gets lucky as hell. This happened a lot in 2008.

Its a little bit both ways. I'm not Gavin's biggest fan, but they haven't him many balls hard tonight.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Are there examples of guys Teahen's age who have improved significantly defensively? I remember as a little kid hearing spring after spring how Jorge Orta improved as a 2B, then the season would start and it was the same old Jorge. He was a good hitter at least.

Jeter, last year

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
Because UZR is a flawless measuring stick. Just look at Jason Bay! He's had a small sample size and he was poor last year.

Again, like I just said to someone else, whether it's a small sample size or not you can't say "He is hitting .190 with his usual sloppy D" if he is actually playing very good defense. If you are going to make a point using one sample size (batting avg), then you have to accept both sample sizes (his defense).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Getz is a solid 2nd baseman. He has a lot of range, but struggles completing plays. I was not impressed with his ability to turn the DP last year, but he also had to deal with the Cuban Headcase.

Getz was a below-average 2b last year. I don't know if the numbers have shifted, and if he's improved, but he was very poor last year. Especially compared to Jayson Nix.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2010 -> 02:23 AM)
Somehow Gavin and Hochevar have both thrown 63 pitches through 4 innings now. That has to be a record for 8 hits given up.

We can't let Hochevar get too deep in this game. KC's bullpen sucks getting to Soria.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
Getz was a below-average 2b last year. I don't know if the numbers have shifted, and if he's improved, but he was very poor last year. Especially compared to Jayson Nix.

Oh boy, not this again....;)

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)

He was average last year, or slightly below. He was not "very poor". And Jayson Nix was actually a pretty good defender at 2B.