5/4 Games

Ozzie Ball

Brandon Short vying for the 2nd best OF in our system with Trayce Thompson. Thompson had a tough night, but he seems to be holding his own for the most part so far.

For anyone that has seen Short, is he a potential CF option in the future, or is his arm too weak?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Brandon Short vying for the 2nd best OF in our system with Trayce Thompson.

I know Mitchell is hurt, but he ain't dead.

I'm really, really liking Kyle Colligan.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 4, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
Brandon Short vying for the 2nd best OF in our system with Trayce Thompson. Thompson had a tough night, but he seems to be holding his own for the most part so far.

For anyone that has seen Short, is he a potential CF option in the future, or is his arm too weak?

Short's plate discipline needs some work, but he's definitely worth watching. I'd still rank at least 3 or 4 other outfielders in the system ahead of him at this point.

Speaking of OF's on Winston-Salem, it seems pretty clear that Justin Greene is ready for a shot at AA. However, Sanchez, Kuhn, and Shelby are blocking his way at OF.

Mollenhauer and Justin Greene should switch locations, and have Kuhn play 2B for the Barons.

Are Sanchez and Kuhn even close to being on the radar in terms of being legit prospects who would be seriously considered to be blocking anyone??

Surely, the White Sox would address this issue if they thought those guys like Greene and Short were ready to move up a step. Probably nothing will happen until the All-Star breaks for Winston-Salem and BIRM.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2010 -> 10:20 AM)
Are Sanchez and Kuhn even close to being on the radar in terms of being legit prospects who would be seriously considered to be blocking anyone??

Surely, the White Sox would address this issue if they thought those guys like Greene and Short were ready to move up a step. Probably nothing will happen until the All-Star breaks for Winston-Salem and BIRM.

No, but neither is Greene, And as long as the former two are hitting the ball, they aren't going to be pushing them aside for a similar player in a level below. I don't know a lot about Kuhn but Sanchez has a major league body. He probably has a 5% chance or less of ever being a major leaguer, but it's worth keeping him around to find out.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 5, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)
No, but neither is Greene, And as long as the former two are hitting the ball, they aren't going to be pushing them aside for a similar player in a level below. I don't know a lot about Kuhn but Sanchez has a major league body. He probably has a 5% chance or less of ever being a major leaguer, but it's worth keeping him around to find out.

Yeah, I think I'd put Greene, Kuhn and Sanchez in a similar bucket as being "marginal prospects". Though I think Greene has better potential than the other two, so he'd slot just a little higher. Not enough so to bump anyone out of the way, though.

I like the idea mentioned eariler - Mollenhauer looks awful, so send him back down, Kuhn has played SS and 2B before so he can play there again, and promote Greene.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 4, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
I know Mitchell is hurt, but he ain't dead.

I'm really, really liking Kyle Colligan.

I saw Colligan up close and personal in college against Missouri for a few years...boy can rake. Fast as hell and can hit it a mile.

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
I saw Colligan up close and personal in college against Missouri for a few years...boy can rake. Fast as hell and can hit it a mile.

Ha, you saw the same series I did. Colligan looked good in Columbia, that's for sure.