Moving

Vote4Pedro

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2010 -> 08:00 AM)
and there's like, no good pizza places around here.

I want to move as close as possible to peace pizza.

Art of pizza on Ashland has dominant deep dish.

As for other kinds, I live right by Salernos, Rosati's and Aurelios which satisfies almost every craving I could have.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 7, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
Anyone try Crust on Division? I've been meaning to go forever but have yet to make the trek.

I passed by that place last night while i was at fifty/50 enjoying some awesome wings across the street. based on the pictures on yelp it definitely looks like a place i should try. and bmags, did you ever try that brazilian pizza place i told you about a while back? Fogo2go?

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
I passed by that place last night while i was at fifty/50 enjoying some awesome wings across the street. based on the pictures on yelp it definitely looks like a place i should try. and bmags, did you ever try that brazilian pizza place i told you about a while back? Fogo2go?

Yeah man! The owner there lived in the same city I lived in Brazil! Next time you go get the coxinha, not the greatest but it's comparable. The arugala gorgonzola and sun dried tomato pizza i got there was sooooo good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 7, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
Art of pizza on Ashland has dominant deep dish.

As for other kinds, I live right by Salernos, Rosati's and Aurelios which satisfies almost every craving I could have.

True. Since i moved though i just haven't felt like treking over there. but man, Ians is overrated as s***.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)

ahh btw, I'm working in River North now. Sooooo much nicer to just have to take the halsted bus instead of the 45 minute journey i had to take before.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
ahh btw, I'm working in River North now. Sooooo much nicer to just have to take the halsted bus instead of the 45 minute journey i had to take before.

Im glad you liked that pizza btw. Im hoping once I finish the last of my schooling that i can find a job here in river north. Id love to just be able to walk to work especially since the highrises here all charge you a 200 dollar-a-month fee for you to be able to park your car in the lot. Id even take a job as a manager at Hooters god darnit!

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Back to the topic at hand. South Loop is my best suggestion. It's starting to boom and apparently, Daley and Co. are putting a lot of money into it and Bronzeville.

South Loop never boomed, it busted with over development and bankrupted contractors. Commercial is thin and its a buyers market through and through.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
South Loop never boomed, it busted with over development and bankrupted contractors. Commercial is thin and its a buyers market through and through.

And most of "historic" Bronzeville is a crime ridden ghetto. So don't buy there, either. heh

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)

Exactly, right now is a buyer's market. South Loop is up and coming. There was an article tying it into...

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
And most of "historic" Bronzeville is a crime ridden ghetto. So don't buy there, either. heh

Bronzeville and South Loop with the mayor pooring in some decent coin to develop those two areas after failing to get the Olympics. I believe I read it on city-data or Red Eye. I'll try to find the article.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
As an update on my other thread, we decided on a place in La Grange. Closing in 2 weeks. Thought about Brookfield (meh), La Grange Park (some meh, some great), but ended up in La Grange. Crazy fast express train downtown, great downtown area, good schools (though *knock on wood* hopefully i dont have to worry about that for a little while longer). Since I did nothing but analyze the area there, feel free to ask questions.e, tons of nightlife/restaraunts, safe...good spot to start out for sure.

Isn't it crazy expensive there?

QUOTE (SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 07:33 AM)
Isn't it crazy expensive there?

Eh, its not too bad. It's no Burr Ridge or Hinsdale, but its got a ton of really nice homes and you can't beat the schools, the distance to the city or the downtown. Taxes are pretty reasonable too so long as you don't move to the historic district.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 18, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
South Loop has been up and coming for 15 years. I don't know if it'll ever pan out.

They overdeveloped the s*** out of it and it didnt work. Now there is nothing but a surplus of units for sale wit nothing around them to draw people into the neighborhood.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
They overdeveloped the s*** out of it and it didnt work. Now there is nothing but a surplus of units for sale wit nothing around them to draw people into the neighborhood.

yep.