Rank the White Sox minor league outfielders on MLB potential upside

caulfield12

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/future-sox...ndon-short.html

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/future-sox...done-at-26.html

Discussion of Brandon Short as a prospect. So maybe he's a little like the "black Jeff Abbott" if he keeps this up, lol. Or Jeremy Reed.

Perhaps if the Top 25 was done today, he'd be between 8-16, somewhere in that range, based solely on April/May results....?

Other than Danks, Mitchell, T. Thompson and Colligan, is there anyone else who arguably is a better "under the radar" OF prospect than Short? Justin Greene? Gartrell?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
Perhaps if the Top 25 was done today, he'd be between 8-16, somewhere in that range, based solely on April/May results....?

He's probably toward the back end of that range. I don't think he should crack the top 10. If he hits over .300 in AA this year he probably has to make the top 10 in our system.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 14, 2010 -> 08:32 PM)
Not that I was unhappy with the Mitchell pick, but I really wanted the Sox to take Mike Trout. He's killing the ball in Class A.

Yeah he seems to be a 25 guy now for a lot of people in the prospect industry.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 14, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
Yeah he seems to be a 25 guy now for a lot of people in the prospect industry.

Trout was one of the guys I really liked. That said, I had zero problem with the Mitchell pick and I think a lot of scouts were drooling over Mitchell late last year in his pro debut. No one could have expected his injury.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 14, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Trout was one of the guys I really liked. That said, I had zero problem with the Mitchell pick and I think a lot of scouts were drooling over Mitchell late last year in his pro debut. No one could have expected his injury.

I agree for the most part. I wasn't too high on him when we picked him but having kept track of him in kanny then seeing his blinding athleticism in televised spring training games this year i've become more and more a fan of his. The injury is really too bad because i felt like he was on the verge of really putting it all together in birmingham this year. He showed off some impressive ability in his spring training work.