Paul Konerko AL player of week

southsider2k5

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
PK is the team leader. Now I await the inevitable call for him to be traded while his value is high

Hell...if the rest of the bats can't get their heads out of their tails, there's no reason to hold him past the deadline.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
Hell...if the rest of the bats can't get their heads out of their tails, there's no reason to hold him past the deadline.

Unfortunately that is true. If we are truly out of it at the deadline and PK is still hitting like he is, some team in need of an impact bat for the stretch run would probably offer up a good young player for him. And if so, KW had better make the move.

That being said, hopefully we don't find ourselves in that situation.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)
Unfortunately that is true. If we are truly out of it at the deadline and PK is still hitting like he is, some team in need of an impact bat for the stretch run would probably offer up a good young player for him. And if so, KW had better make the move.

That being said, hopefully we don't find ourselves in that situation.

And if were really interested in him, we could bring him back after the season anyway.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2010 -> 04:52 PM)

Maybe we will be out of it this year, but next season is a new battle altogether. I would hope we keep PK for at least another two years

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 7, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
Maybe we will be out of it this year, but next season is a new battle altogether. I would hope we keep PK for at least another two years

The only thing stopping you from reacquiring him after the season if you trade him is $.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)

If we are still well under .500 at the end of July then yeah trade him while his value is high, the team isn't going anywhere.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 9, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
What are the odds that P-Kon lets himself get traded? I haven't heard much on the subject. Has anybody else?

I'm pretty sure he's said that if he was ever approached with a trade for the good of the organization he'd accept it.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 7, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)

We should also sign Crede, Garland, and Hermanson in the offseason. Bring everyone from 2005 back. I know that you would very much like to have all of those players back, despite how bad they are now at the sport of baseball.

Edited by Milkman delivers