Sandoval wants Sox to move out of Camelback Ranch

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
I wasnt referring to a spring training facility. I was talking about a new regular season park.

Like that scenario would happen in any true sense...

The Cubs are locked into Wrigleyville due to finances and the Sox should be at the Cell for at least another 40 years.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 7, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
Like that scenario would happen in any true sense...

The Cubs are locked into Wrigleyville due to finances and the Sox should be at the Cell for at least another 40 years.

It wasnt meant to be a real senario. Just a thought experiment: What if you committed a large sum of money to facilities then they just walk away 1 year later. I bet you'd be pissed.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
It wasnt meant to be a real senario. Just a thought experiment: What if you committed a large sum of money to facilities then they just walk away 1 year later. I bet you'd be pissed.

I am sure it would cost them a ton on money to "walk away" from Glendale. This is shortsited grand standing

QUOTE (knightni @ May 7, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)

Really? The Cell is built to be a 60 year facility?

I was figuring by 2020 that the team would start lobbying for a new ballpark.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Really? The Cell is built to be a 60 year facility?

I was figuring by 2020 that the team would start lobbying for a new ballpark.

The thing is, they've done a lot of updating and construction on it in the last 7 or 8 years, so I think that it might be at least 20-25 more years until the ownership group starts thinking rebuild.

If I know how Reinsdorf/Einhorn etc think, they'd be more inclined to update every ten years or so rather than let it go to pot and ask the city for a new building (especially after the Springfield Miracle in 1988). They bought into and personally saw what the "Palace of Baseball" turned into after 20-25 years of people not giving a s*** and they know how long that a bad reputation takes to rebuild.

Personally, I would prefer the leave the south side when they do decided to get a new home. Yea... I said it. Like it or not, that area has a nasty reputation and it's going to take a LOT of work to fix that.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 11, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
Personally, I would prefer the leave the south side. Yea... I said it. Like it or not, that area has a nasty reputation and it's going to take a LOT of work to fix that.

BLASPHEMY!!

You're dead to me.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 11, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
BLASPHEMY!!

You're dead to me.

technically speaking you calling blasphemy is kind of like Rush complaining about drug cartels.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 12, 2010 -> 06:40 AM)

technically speaking you calling blasphemy is kind of like Rush complaining about drug cartels.

I left the South Side. The Blasphemer is talking about the Sox leaving the South Side.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
Personally, I would prefer the leave the south side when they do decided to get a new home. Yea... I said it. Like it or not, that area has a nasty reputation and it's going to take a LOT of work to fix that.

Not sure if you noticed, but the neighborhoods around the park have changed dramatically, just since the park opened less than 20 years ago. And I'd be 20 years from now, they will look further different. They are putting in a MEtra station as well. Neighborhoods in Chicago are not static, contrary to popular belief.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Not sure if you noticed, but the neighborhoods around the park have changed dramatically, just since the park opened less than 20 years ago. And I'd be 20 years from now, they will look further different. They are putting in a MEtra station as well. Neighborhoods in Chicago are not static, contrary to popular belief.

Oh, I'm with you. I'd go to every Sox home game if I could. I'm am just saying it's the PERCEPTION that is bad and a lot of "re-branding" needs to go on.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Oh, I'm with you. I'd go to every Sox home game if I could. I'm am just saying it's the PERCEPTION that is bad and a lot of "re-branding" needs to go on.

The perception has changed a lot, and will continue to change.