Blue Jays @ Sox, 5/6 Game THREAD

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 6, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
I had a dream yesterday that Juan Pierre hit a XBH for us.

don't worry, it was just a dream. armageddon isn't nigh. that i know of.

i miss donny lucy already :crying

Donny Lucy has 4 XBH this year (3 2B, 1 HR) in 7 G (18 PA).

Juan Pierre has 0 XBH this year in 27 G (118 PA). You have to go back another 28 games in 09 to find his last double (August 18, 2009). He had 3 triples last September, but no doubles or HR.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 6, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)

Juan Pierre has 0 XBH this year in 27 G (118 PA). You have to go back another 28 games in 09 to find his last double (August 18, 2009). He had 3 triples last September, but no doubles or HR.

Bad stuff.

Still, he ends up on 2b fairly frequently.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 6, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)

So our everyday #1 and 2 hitters have combined for 5 XBH and 5 RBIs in 203 at bats. You could probably randomly select 2 random NL starting pitchers and have at least that many XBH and RBIs given that many ABs.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 6, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)

Over his last 303 PA Juan Pierre has a total of 6 XBH (5 3B, 1 2B).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
Would Juan Pierre have any XBH if he played at the Little K (next to Kauffman) or at Williamsport Little League World Series diamonds #1-4?

That's all I am asking...

It's only 125 ft to straight away center at the little K...I think Juan could do it.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 6, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
Kotsay to play first base tonight now due to Paulies neck pain...

Pierre

Beckham

Jones

Rios

Quentin

Alexei

Castro

Kotsay

Nix

why does ozzie feel it necessary to ALWAYS play our whole bench at the same time?

Well, Vizquel's not in the line-up, and Kotsay wouldn't be if not for Paulie's injury.

Nix makes more sense against a LHP and AJ has played 8 games in a row...not sure that any of the line-up decisions are even borderline questionable.

And there's a LHP on the mound.

So no problems, except wondering how our offense can be generated without Paulie, Rios and Jones these days.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
Well, Vizquel's not in the line-up, and Kotsay wouldn't be if not for Paulie's injury.

Nix makes more sense against a LHP and AJ has played 8 games in a row...not sure that any of the line-up decisions are even borderline questionable.

And there's a LHP on the mound.

So no problems, except wondering how our offense can be generated without Paulie, Rios and Jones these days.

I'll give you that - but I guess my reaction comes from the fact that this seems to be a common thing. (ie: sunday lineup)