Blue Jays @ Sox, 5/6 Game THREAD

Well, I know I am a bit more of a glass half full guy, but I like the composition of this offense. The problem isn't in the way the offense was built, but rather that it's two best hitters have been extremely underwhelming. I'm really not that surprised by Jones and Rios. Konerko's performance has been a bit surprising. But if Beckham and Q do 80% of what they are capable of, this offense will be fine.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:17 AM)
Well, I know I am a bit more of a glass half full guy, but I like the composition of this offense. The problem isn't in the way the offense was built, but rather that it's two best hitters have been extremely underwhelming. I'm really not that surprised by Jones and Rios. Konerko's performance has been a bit surprising. But if Beckham and Q do 80% of what they are capable of, this offense will be fine.

But neither Beckham or Quentin had any type of track record of consistent success coming into this season. Remember how many times we heard "If X players performs well, this offense will be fine"? Like many said back then, there were too many ifs and an extremely mediocre offense wasn't out of the question.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
But neither Beckham or Quentin had any type of track record of consistent success coming into this season. Remember how many times we heard "If X players performs well, this offense will be fine"? Like many said back then, there were too many ifs and an extremely mediocre offense wasn't out of the question.

Well, while they might not have had the track records, they did have the pedigrees. You're right though...but the problem is, unless you're the Yankees or Red Sox or Cubs, you've got to count on guys like that performing well because there simply is not enough money to go around to acquire guys with track records at every position.

And we're in a lot of trouble. Threw a meatball to Lewis...why couldn't we have got him instead of Pierre? Danks velocity hasn't topped 90 on Comcast, I hope it's a slow gun.

Edited by fathom