Blue Jays @ Sox, 5/6 Game THREAD

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have had Fred Lewis as our leadoff hitter for almost nothing. Lewis fails, there's no hit against our payroll.

Instead, we're stuck paying a fading Juan Pierre $9 million, and it's an untradeable contract for the White Sox.

KW made some really bad decisions with the allocation of resources this offseason. Between Juan Pierre and Teahen's extension...WHAT? Luckily, he might have ended up with gold in Andruw Jones and JJ Putz.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 01:30 AM)
We could have had Fred Lewis as our leadoff hitter for almost nothing. Lewis fails, there's no hit against our payroll.

Instead, we're stuck paying a fading Juan Pierre $9 million, and it's an untradeable contract for the White Sox.

KW made some really bad decisions with the allocation of resources this offseason. Between Juan Pierre and Teahen's extension...WHAT? Luckily, he might have ended up with gold in Andruw Jones and JJ Putz.

Unfortunately, the bad acquisitions are the ones with multi-year deals.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2010 -> 01:32 AM)
Seriously? So now we are going to all lament that we don't have the great Fred Lewis? Goodness...

He's a good player, hits a lot of line drives and runs well. He had a great season two years ago for the Giants in that ballpark. Tonight wasn't the first time some of us have talked about how he would have been a good fit this offseason.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Seriously? So now we are going to all lament that we don't have the great Fred Lewis? Goodness...

Oh, hang around, the lamenting and daydreaming for one Scotty Pods is about due to start up again, too.

I don't get locking yourself into Teahen to save a couple of million (at most) in arbitration numbers down the line....

You go year to year, like we did with Crede and Jenks. Somehow we have more faith in Teahen than those two guys? Well, Crede, that's understandable, but I will never understand the logic behind that move. There was no reason to offer it until you can see what he does for the White Sox first over one full season of observation.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 6, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
You know, with your constant spewing of negativity, you're certainly not helping anything.

I'm not sure how my statement is negative. I figure I've been pretty positive tonight.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:35 AM)
I'm not sure how my statement is negative. I figure I've been pretty positive tonight.

True, considering there's been nothing positive about this game at all really. Bad hitting, mediocre pitching, bad fielding, bad base running.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:37 AM)
feels like this team has been owned by soft tossing lefties for at least the last five years.

Well, there's been one constant over the last 5 years outside of Konerko and AJP.