Blue Jays @ Sox, 5/6 Game THREAD

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Yeah right. There are still people defending Walker to this day. It's insane.

I used to defend him but the approah of hitters and their ability to be completly shut down during a game is what irks me they seem to just go through the motions

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:29 AM)
That's not a real big comfort when you are 7 games out.

After the next road trip, the standings will mean a lot more. If we don't start playing better, this season will be a severe longshot by the end of May.

Now that Pierre is getting one hit a game, maybe Gordon should be the new candidate for the nine hole. Sending him down would e dumb. This team is going nowhere anyway.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
After the next road trip, the standings will mean a lot more. If we don't start playing better, this season will be a severe longshot by the end of May.

It's a severe longshot now, and that has nothing to do with how far out we are. That has everything to do with how bad this team is.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2010 -> 03:31 AM)
Now that Pierre is getting one hit a game, maybe Gordon should be the new candidate for the nine hole. Sending him down would e dumb. This team is going nowhere anyway.

Yes, but instead of getting dominated and losing confidence, you send him to the minors and hope he gets his swing going. His long term success is a hell of a lot more important than the 2010 team's performance right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)

i disagree - he looks like he could use a confidence boost