Great story about getting into game of baseball

caulfield12

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minor...010/269925.html

It's about one of my college dormsuite-mates (University of Iowa) and his partner with the Houston Astros. Made me laugh, remembering similar experiences working for two years in the South Atlantic League, especially the anectdote about picking up prisoners to help for the groundscrew. Believe me with the heat in Augusta, I wished we had that option....literally, after the rain ended and the late afternoon sun would come out, you could feel yourself literally baking like in a convection oven. That was the worst part and ALSO the most fun part, helping with groundscrew.

I got out of working in professional sports after 2 1/2 years, but my two best friends from grad school (Masters' in Sport Managment program at Georgia Southern Univ.), one is now Director of Advanced Scouting with the Atlanta Hawks, another one because a junior college assistant coach (basketball), then Athletic Director, coached professional basketball in Aberdeen Scotland, came back to the US to work as an assistant at Idaho State and now he's working on his PhD.

Edited by caulfield12