GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
Jenks is no longer your best pitcher out of the pen....Thornton is, and CLEARLY.

I'm not all that impressed by Thornton this season either. He strikes out a ton and then manages to make a game losing mistake.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:21 AM)
Jenks will be booed off the mound for one of the few times in his Sox career if he gives up a walk here.

He was booed in 2006 towards the end of the season against the Indians when he allowed like 4 straight doubles.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
So it Ozzie's fault for going to his 7.5 million dollar closer against the #7, #8 and #9 hitters? GMAB.

Absolutely, because Jenks has proven over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again that he can't pitch in non-save situations.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:22 AM)
So it Ozzie's fault for going to his 7.5 million dollar closer against the #7, #8 and #9 hitters? GMAB.

To be honest, I was more upset that he put in Jenks causing Lind to bat than anything else. However, I guess the Sox think Randy Ruiz is Albert Pujols reincarnated.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)

Yes. History shows that it's a bad idea, so you don't do it. I don't give a damn how much he's making.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)

Salary isn't the issue at this point, wins are what matter the most.

Thornton and Santos are both better options, and possible Putz...in that situation.

How many tie games has Jenks UNTIED in his White Sox career....the list would go on for pages. You just avoid using your closer in that situation.